1.5 year old cat Post spay incision (1 week and 4 day)

MadisonNWilliams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hey! I'm concerned about my cats incision she got it glued in the middle of the healing process because she got the zoomies and split the incision. we kept her in a crate for the last 5 days with an old t shirt on her to keep her from the grooming and the vet said we could let her out today and her incision now looks like this. does her incision look alright?

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MadisonNWilliams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she keeps chewing on it but I want to make sure that it does not look infected I think I am going to put her shirt back on so she does not irritate it more

Attachments

Conninbri

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my kitten the day after she was spayed and it looked like that for a few days but now you can’t even tell where it was since her fur is growing back. It looks great to me! But definitely if she is chewing on it I agree with your idea of the old shirt

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she keeps chewing on it but I want to make sure that it does not look infected I think I am going to put her shirt back on so she does not irritate it more
The redness is a little concerning especially since it has been 11 days. Is it warm to the touch? It looks good healing wise except for the redness. I would make sure she does not lick or bite at her incision anymore. I would also send the pictures to your vet to see what they say just to be on the safe side.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MadisonNWilliams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The redness is a little concerning especially since it has been 11 days. Is it warm to the touch? It looks good healing wise except for the redness. I would make sure she does not lick or bite at her incision anymore. I would also send the pictures to your vet to see what they say just to be on the safe side.
It's been 5 days since she was glued and 11 days since her spay and I think she chewed the glue off when I took the old shirt off today. it is a little warm to the touch but not alarmingly warm if that makes sense.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been 5 days since she was glued and 11 days since her spay and I think she chewed the glue off when I took the old shirt off today. it is a little warm to the touch but not alarmingly warm if that makes sense.
I would go ahead and contact the vet send them the pictures and let them know it is a little warm to the touch. They may want you to being her in to see her incision in person to see of she is on the verge of getting an infection. If it is becoming infected you want to catch it earlier rather than later. I would definitely get in contact with the vet personally.