Siggy Designers - Photoshop s/w Question

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So heres the thing - I have seen mentioned that the siggy designers use Photoshop

Is this the best software to use, as it cost about 280 $
any other recommendation - preferably FREE software

Ta very

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Photoshop Elements does most of the stuff Photoshop does and usually you can get it quite cheap on ebay.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

If you're using Windows XP SPII or Windows Vista, you can download a new Paint Program that's very similar to Photoshop or Paintshop Pro - and it's free.
http://www.getpaint.net/
oh...............I like free stuff, was looking today in the shops, but most of it was DataBecker stuff...........and I couldnt tell if it had a language change, so was getting a bit miffed really

Anyway thanx will check the web-page out

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You can get Adobe PhotoShop 4.0 at walmart for $90.00 or you can download the Free Trail at Adobe.com too.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I downloaded the Paint.Net software and while it isn't as advanced as photoshop (especially considering my PS-CS is very customised with actions, brushes and filters) it is great for free software and definitely capable for siggy making

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I downloaded the Paint.Net software and while it isn't as advanced as photoshop (especially considering my PS-CS is very customised with actions, brushes and filters) it is great for free software and definitely capable for siggy making
I've played with it a little bit, and find it fine for anybody who doesn't want to invest in Photoshop or PSP.
I would miss the brushes and tubes, though.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I've played with it a little bit, and find it fine for anybody who doesn't want to invest in Photoshop or PSP.
I would miss the brushes and tubes, though.
me too, brushes are my main 'thing' for siggies.
but its a great starting point for someone who wants to play a little longer than 30 days before deciding whether to spend the $$$