Hey, remember me?

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello all! We just moved (finally!), we bought a house in Longmont, CO the end of August. Once again, we have Broadband :whee!: so I can actually spend some time online!

Had two kitty crises this summer: Dodger got bitten really badly on one hind leg and the tendon was severed. He abscessed badly and needed it to be drained twice by the vet. Well, after a month of dressing changes, you would not even know he'd been injured. We'd been told to expect he'd be lame in that leg, but he runs, jumps and climbs with it just like normal. He is a very, very lucky guy.

Khepera had a urinary blockage and almost went into renal failure a few weeks ago. He spent a night at the emergency vet and was all-day in the non-emergency vet for 3 days. We thought he would need surgery, but after a weekend home with a catheter in last week, he was urinating fine and the vet thinks he's made a full recovery. Whew!

Aside from that, our kitties love the new 2000 sq ft house and have made themselve right at home.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey! Welcome back! So, you finally found a place for the whole bunch, eh? See you around!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Sue! I've been thinking about you and wondering how you've been. I'm so glad to hear that you got the housing situation figured out, and are settled in your new home. I'm also very happy to hear that your two kitty crisis came out with positive endings.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY!
Welcome back!
Sorry to see you had some hardships, but I'm glad to hear everything turned out great!
Hope we will be seeing you around more now that everything is settling down!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I remember! Great to see you back! Did you ever get any info. on Ulysses? Glad to see that you were able to see Dodger and Khepera safely and successfully through their medical crises

Here are some {{{{peace and happiness prayers and vibes}}}} for your new home
Susan

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ulysses was in my prayers for a long time. My grandson's cat, Icy, never came home either
I pray that they found sanctuary or are in a better place

Anyway..... it's great to see you in the forums again! Susan

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back Sue!
I was JUST thinking about you the other day!

Glad to hear everything is going well, congrats on getting into the new house!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear you found a wonderful new home. And that your kitties are ok after all of that!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on your new home! It must be a relief to be settled in.
Glad that the cat emergencies worked out so well.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back SUE!!!

Great to know about the house!!

SOrry to read about the kitties

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome back Sue! Congrats on the new home and the more settled life. Glad your babies have weathered their storms and are back top health.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back!!
How did the move go with all the cats??? This place must be so much better than the last place you lived. Get well wishes to the injured/sick kitties!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The move went well, surprisingly. The only problem we had is Question freaked out and hid when we were loading cats into carriers, and would not come out. He did this when we were leaving PA, too. He just works himself into such a state of panic. We had to leave with all the others, bring them to the new place, and come back just for him. He was not happy and hid for the first 2 days here in the new house. He is fine now; in fact, his new favorite activity is to walk to the middle of the downstairs, to the place where the acoustics for echos is perfect, at 4 AM and yelling in his squeaky little meow "Eh eh OW!"

One very funny thing here is the upstairs is all Pergo laminate flooring. The cats, used to running on wood floors, can't get a grip with their claws. This becomes a problem when cornering. There was a loud noise (I think Tybalt had dropped something) last night and a dozen cats came charging out of the computer room at top speed. They hit the turn going into the living room and all slid into the wall like a bad NASCAR pile-up.
Of course, they were all offended when I laughed...

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 10 Cats

One very funny thing here is the upstairs is all Pergo laminate flooring. The cats, used to running on wood floors, can't get a grip with their claws. This becomes a problem when cornering. There was a loud noise (I think Tybalt had dropped something) last night and a dozen cats came charging out of the computer room at top speed. They hit the turn going into the living room and all slid into the wall like a bad NASCAR pile-up.
My mental picture had me laughing out loud!! I'm sure that was hillarious!

Welcome back!! I'm glad your move went well!! Its good to see you around again!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 10 Cats

That's hilarious! I just picture in my mind's ears and eyes all these kitties skittering sideways, and hearing about 15 fuzzy "whumps" as they hit the wall!

Welcome back
I'm glad the move went well.

I'm also sorry that Ulysses never came back