Beautiful Utah! (lots-0-pics)

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thought I'd share some pictures I took up in East Canyon going toward Park City. They were taken almost 2 weeks ago when the fall colors were just starting to change. I hope some of you will enjoy them.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for sharing your pictures....Utah is such a beautiful place

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's always fascinating to see these fantastic color changes in your part of the world. They're so different from the tropics (no changes at all).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Beautiful pictures!! My stepdaughter just moved there a month ago so I will be seeing it in person at some point!
Where in Utah did your stepdaughter move to? We should meet somewhere when you are here!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Beautiful - very different than here!
Yes it is different. It took me awhile to get used to is when I first moved here. I was from northern lower Michigan. Lots of water and lots of trees.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

It's always fascinating to see these fantastic color changes in your part of the world. They're so different from the tropics (no changes at all).
I love the differences between the different parts of the world or even within the country!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Where in Utah did your stepdaughter move to? We should meet somewhere when you are here!
She is in Salt Lake City, her husband is going for his PHD in geology and he got a fellowship there...We miss them so much

Are you near there? We can compare pics of Severino and Jake

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow those are some very pretty pictures. I love it when the leaves start turning all those gorgeous shades of red, yellow, and orange!!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

She is in Salt Lake City, her husband is going for his PHD in geology and he got a fellowship there...We miss them so much

Are you near there? We can compare pics of Severino and Jake
Yes, I live in Salt Lake. And I work over by the University of Utah at a medical reference lab called ARUP (Associated Regional University Pathology). I'm serious... if you come to town and have an hour or two, let me know. We can go have lunch or coffee or something.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

Very beautiful! I love the pictures with water (is that a lake?)
It's not really a lake although you see lot of recreation on it (boats, wave runners etc.). It's a resevoir. In case some folks aren't familiar with them... they capture water, usually melted snow running down the mountains. And ultimately provide us with our drinking water and so forth.

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You make me miss Utah!

I lived over in Rose Park. Right off North Temple, by the Airport. There is a little nest of apartments over there.

I really miss how pretty and clean the city is. I don't miss the snow though. Well, I do miss having four seasons. But a big part of me doesn't miss the snow. lol

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it and the snow doesn't seem bad... after living in Northern Lower Michigan until I was 39!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad used to live in Utah. He always talked about how beautiful it was. Now I believe it!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is beautiful. Of course, I find beauty in any place I go. It's kind of funny because I think of myself as a bit of a negative person, generally.