RIP Mr. Spooky Man

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband called a few mins ago with bad news. Our dear Cornish Rex, Spooky died today. He was 15 yrs old. Born April 1991 and died Sept 2006.

Spooky (show name DNA's Top Secret of TC) was the best rex I owned. He was a Grand Premier in CFA, a Quad Grand Champion (alter) in ACFA and for several years he was both a Regional and National Winner in ACFA. His best year was Nationally 10th Best Alter in ACFA

He won many people over for the breed - always loved attention, pets, etc. from both adults and kids. He was the first to greet anyone that came to visit.

Spooky had been looking bad that past few weeks - lost weight, but not his appetite
(typical rex). I didn't think he would last this winter, but prayed that if he went, it would be peacefully in his sleep. We think it was a heart attack. DH said he didn't come down for breakfast this morning, and went to check on him and found him curled up in his bed.

We will miss his "meow" and cuddling. DH liked to call him a "freeze baby" cause he always wanted to curl up on your lap or under the covers.

I know Spooky will be waiting with Mitten (my first cat) at Rainbow Bridge and we'll meet both of them again.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, RIP Spooky kitty.
Sounds like he went just the way you wanted him to - peacefully dreaming kitty dreams in his sleep as his friends over RB came to greet him. I'm very sorry for your loss!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP Spooky! YOu are in a much better place now but remember than your Meowmie and Purrpaw will miss you very much!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww RIP Mr Spooky Man, you were greatly loved... and now you'll never be chilly!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My condolences on your loss...Spooky seemed to have a very good life with you. I don't know what would be harder, finding your furbaby or having to put him down. So sorry...

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's never easy to lose a close friend of 15 years. My condolences. Sounds like he had a wonderful life and you have wonderful memories of him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone
Now I have to call my son and tell him. He literaly grew up with Spooky and even showed him many times. It will be hard on him too.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im so very sorry on your loss of Spooky. Condolences to you and your family. Rest in Peace Spooky.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
DH said he didn't come down for breakfast this morning, and went to check on him and found him curled up in his bed.
What a peaceful way to leave this life and cross over the bridge.
Sorry for you loss.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

What a peaceful way to leave this life and cross over the bridge.
Sorry for you loss.
My thoughts exactly. Spooky died quietly in his sleep, warm & well loved. He sounds like a wonderful cat I would have loved to have met. Play happily over the Rainbow Bridge with Mitten, Spooky.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Awww, RIP Spooky kitty.
Sounds like he went just the way you wanted him to - peacefully dreaming kitty dreams in his sleep as his friends over RB came to greet him. I'm very sorry for your loss!
Beautiffuly put, GingersMom. It made me smile to think of Mr. Spooky being greeted by Mittens. Condolences on the loss of a very special cat - I'm sure that he will be sorely missed for a long time. Godspeed over RB, Mr. Spooky.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am sorry to hear of your loss, it does sound like such a peaceful way to cross over.

RIP Spooky.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am SO sorry for your loss! While I have never had a show cat, I do know winning takes both a wonderful cat physically and socially, and an owner with a lot of dedication. Sounds like you and Spooky Man really had good times together. I'm sorry his time with you has ended.

Rest in peace, Spooky Man.