Going to look at two cats on Saturday!!!

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

The plan is/was to wait until after Christmas to get a cat, but I found a perfect sounding guy on Petfinder and well, why not go look right?

I forwarded the cat's picture and description to the hubby, who is the one who was inclined to wait till January, just as a "hey look, told you we wouldn't having a problem finding what we want through adoption." Well he just called me at work to ask me if I wanted to go look at the kitty this weekend!
I told him that if I went and fell in love with the cat
, he would not be able make me wait till Jan. He said it looked like the perfect guy for us and why not get something perfect now rather than wait and see. (Not that I am commited to this one cat yet, just hypothetically).

So then I figured if we are going to the rescue, we may as well see what else they have...turns out there are a few others there that fit the bill. So Saturday we are going to see:

Kerry: http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=3905117
and
Little One: http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/...?petid=5230131

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is wonderful news!! I am very happy to see that you are wanting to adopt an adult cat!! What a great chance you are giving these cats by not looking for a kitten!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

That is wonderful news!! I am very happy to see that you are wanting to adopt an adult cat!! What a great chance you are giving these cats by not looking for a kitten!!
i don't think you'll be sorry - i love my petfinder/shelter guy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Leave the kittens to those who a)know more than me about kitten care, b)have more energy than I do, and c) have time to devote to a kitten!

The whole reason I want a cat is that I have always loved being around my friends' adult cats, so I figure why not cut to the chase, get an adult cat and help out a demographic of kitties that might get passed up by others.

I am a little hesitant to get a female all paw declawed cat, but we will just see what her personality is like.

Kerry's description sounds like exactly what we are looking for, and that face is just adorable!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both the cats are declawed. Kerry has been there for almost a year!! Poor little guy!! I don't think you can go wrong with either!!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! They are both very very cute!! Let us know what happens!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are both adorable, but Kerry especially looks like he could benefit from a very loving home! (Do you have room for both?)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
With our tiny apartment we just don't have room for more than one cat(and definately don't have room for more than one litter box), and my husband has mild cat allergies, so I wouldn't want to push it with two cats. He was the first one who wanted a cat though, so I know he is prepaired to take his Allegra when needed!

It looks like Kerry could use a good quiet loving home. It is going to be so hard not to come home with a car full, but must think of our limitations.

I will take the camera Saturday and let everyone know how it goes!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi again!

Kerry and Little One look so "right" for you based on your requirements; and I'm sure hoping you are able to adopt them both! and give them loving forever homes. You sure wouldn't be sorry, I know that much! Looking forward to hearing all about it in forum...Tarasgirl06