could she be pregnant

beesnees

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat is 1 year old and she was on heat last month she had 4 toms after her after a few nights out she came really quiet and doesnt go far now she has put alot of weight on and her nipples are out, she is alot more loving and eats loads. i cant afford to go to the vets with her, what can the tell tale signs x h x

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sound's like she is , y was u letting her go with every tom d*** and harry ? do u relise what they could pass on to her and the kitten's i know i can't talk much as mine had a litter but i didn't just sit there watching every tom on the street going for her she got out didn't come home for good know's how many week's and when she did she was 6 week's gone , there are so many kitten's / cat's out there who need rehomeing in shelter's read this
http://www.tulsa-animalshelter.com/just1litter.htm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beesnees

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well she was suppose to be spayed next month i have saved up all the money i can, and if she is pregnant the kittens wont just go to any1. i aint goin to go off selling them to any 1 just for them to get rid of them when they get to much, all my cats a rescue cats i know how many cats are left with no loving homes. if my cat has kittens they will go to family and friends were i can keep an eye on them. i didnt mean for her to get pregnant the cats were consently at my house she always sneaked out.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by beesnees

well she was suppose to be spayed next month i have saved up all the money i can, and if she is pregnant the kittens wont just go to any1. i aint goin to go off selling them to any 1 just for them to get rid of them when they get to much, all my cats a rescue cats i know how many cats are left with no loving homes. if my cat has kittens they will go to family and friends were i can keep an eye on them. i didnt mean for her to get pregnant the cats were consently at my house she always sneaked out.
There is a very good chance she is pregnant...you really need to keep her strictly indoors only now. If she is an escape artist...then you need to confine her into a room without the possibility of her getting outside..even accidentally. You also need to consult your vet regarding flea products since you had stated before that you are having flea issues. Some products are not good for pregnant cats..so best to consult your vet on the matter.

Katie

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if u have the money u saved for her spaying use it to take her to the vet to get a good bill of health and i know ur saying these kitten's are going to people u know , i would still charge a small amount with u could set up with ur vet and they can pay it straight to them to cover the cost of her spay once the kitten's have been weened , i know some other's might suggest getting her spayed now and aborting the kitten's but as i do not belive in this unless it is for health issue's i will not push this but it is worth considering , i wasn't trying to put you down in any way i was just trying to point out something good luck with what u decide and i hope the kitten's are born all healthy and that mamma cat dosn't need a c section or anything else , as this can be VERY expensive as mine cost just over 400 pound's and still lost all the kitten's so really think about this

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should try to always keep two doors between her and the outside world. Even if that means confining her to a laundry room or bathroom.

I am worried for her kittens as those tomcats could be carrying a disease to pass on to them. I am always worried because of your flea problem. You could still have her spayed right now. If you are unsure about doing that, know that is a commonly done by many people who either find pregnant cats or they have one that slipped out. It is nothing to feel bad about. But it is the responsible thing to do.

If you are having trouble affording flea treatment and saving up money to spay your cat, I am worried that you will be able to make sure the mother gets a highquality kitten food, that she gets tested and her shots if not done already, that you are able to care for her and kittens if she should need an emergency c-section at the ER vet ($$$!) or if she rejects the kittens and they need to be bottle fed every 2 hours and thru the night, then when the kittens are old enough they get their vaccinations and dewormed and all get spayed or neutered before going to new homes which is also a lot of $$$. Spay/neuter can be done at 8 weeks so it is important to have that done before they go to a new home so this problem doesn't continue on. Then you can charge a slightly bigger adoption fee for them to be adopted out.

Please consider spaying the mother now anyways, there is a LOT of time and especially money in raising kittens, especially like I said if you need an ER vet and there is also the risk of her getting pregnant again right after having this litter. I can happen almost immediately. Think about your moving too, that is going to be really stressful on a pregnant or nursing mother. That could be enough to make her reject them right there depending on her motherly abilities.

One last thing, if money is tight for you, we can recommend some low cost clinics for you to get your cats spayed and neutered or a place for you to get the whole future family you may have spayed and neutered for a low cost or sometimes free if you qualify. Just tell us your city and state.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beesnees

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
reang vets and said that the stuff i used last time is suitable for her so only goes to back door now but we move in 2 weeks so she wont be allowed out any way and we go away next week so will be look after by my dad so she wont get out just hoping she dont give birth whilst away

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well if she just got out, it is something like 65 days before they give birth so if you are moving in 2 weeks she won't give birth by then. If she gets out constantly then you really need to get on the ball and keep her in a dog crate if you need to so that she doesn't get out and get pregnant. That is your responsibility as a pet owner hehe, don't let her boss you around

Have you considered just spaying her now anyways? It is a completel humane thing to do, cats aren't people and when health and money issues are involved...it is a very smart thing to do.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
please take on the advice of Jen as she is 100% right anything can and may happen and u really need to have the money time and energy if anything should go wrong , i know after feeding the little one we had it was only 4 day's but i was like a zombie it when he passed away it was like i had lost one of my own , so please consider everything u read on the fourm as heartache is sometime's the least of ur worry's but i do really hope nothing goes wrong and there all healthy if u decide to let her carry on

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would also suggest taking the advice of Jen as well.

If I had been better educated on the subject of spay-aborts, I would have done so with both of the females I have right now.