Remember how we had ringworm?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Apparently 30 days worth of treatment didn't eradicate it!
Twitch & Lily both have ringworm(IMO). We have a 3:30pm vet appt. today to confirm it. I am going to get this vet's opinion & attack this! The worst part is Twitch & Lily have been batting at Damita, Chico, & Ophelia's feet under the door, so I guess I will likely be treating those three as well. That means I have to talk to the shelter....that's not going to be fun, either.

Wish me luck in treating them again! Twitch hasn't been her normal self, so I really hope that the Fulvicin didn't get her really sick. I'll have to talk to the vet about that.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This rigworm thing is getting old I imagne. Atleast they are getting treatment and hopefully this is the last time you will have to deal with it!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The vet looked at Lily's ear....pulled the little "scab" off, sniffed it, & determined it was poo. Oooops! She looked at Twitch's leg, & said it wasn't ringworm. It didn't glow under a blacklight, the scab there not only came off easily(like a wound scab), but it was not the right color, & she *thought* she saw some hair growing back in. So, I guess we don't have ringworm? She didn't want to do the culture as she was 99% sure it wasn't ringworm & doing a culture would be expensive. She told me to call her if it hasn't healed in 2 weeks, or if anyone else gets spots.

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

The vet looked at Lily's ear....pulled the little "scab" off, sniffed it, & determined it was poo. Oooops!
That made me giggle a little!

I'm glad that you're looking RW free right now! Good vibes for you guys!

At the shelter, one of the probs w/RW is that it IS a fungus and can "infect" a building... v. difficult to contain.