Ok i have a question.. lol.. but what is new! ;)

animalhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok.. Trouble was a kitten found with his 3 siblings in a attac around 4-5 weeks old... We had/have issues with him still.. :-/ But I keep him in the same room as my momma cat and kittens*But in a cage cause of his litter pan issues* He is just now starting to stay out in the day,and in there at night ..But I put momma cat in the cage with her babies, and I was going to let him roam the room one night.. and when I went to open the cage where momma was, to put in fresh food and water.. he darted between my legs, and attacked her..
Why would he do this?? He sees her in the room when he is in the cage at night.. I was hoping when the kittens were older they would be able to stay out,and they could all play *since he was used to seeing them since birth* But,I am afraid of what he would do.. he is out with the other 2 kittys*moms* in the day,and he is a brat with them too, But never attacks them.. he just sits near em when they are growling,and annoys them.. hehe.... And he plays with the dogs.. and rough too, he takes it like a dog i guess.. :-/ But I dunno what to do.. When my fiance and myself get a place of our own.. will be only be able to have him? and not get a 2nd cat? I always felt 2 is better then one.. I have 3 dogs..LOL or since he plays with the dogs, will he not need a cat companion?my moms kittys are indoor outdoor kittys.. and i wont be at my moms forever.. And he is my fiances kitty, I want my own eventually.. *Was concidering keeping one of the babies* but if he wont do anything buy attack it, then Icant do that! :- ( what do I do?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First...it sounds lilke you have a LOT of cats on your hands that could be causing him to feel threatened and start attacking the other cats/kittens. Having 4-5 cats/kittens in a space is different than having 2. Also, he hasn't been neutered yet and neutering should definately help with his behavior.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

animalhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oooo noo He was neutered at like 4 mo old! lol He was peein and pooin everywhere and I was told it could be a start of spraying.. LOL My animals dont live without being fixed lol And the momm and her 3 week old babies are fosters *I took in momma not knowing she was preg. she was a stray* and when I found out she was preg. I kept her inside to take care of her till she had the kittens. And we have 2 other cats that live in the house, But they are outside 85% of the time * we have a doggie door which is shut in the day for when he is out .. we want him a indoors kitty* and momma and babys are in the spare room.. where he is.. *only space to put them to be safe at this point,cause they are soo young*

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by animalhouse

Oooo noo He was neutered at like 4 mo old! lol He was peein and pooin everywhere and I was told it could be a start of spraying.. LOL My animals dont live without being fixed lol And the momm and her 3 week old babies are fosters *I took in momma not knowing she was preg. she was a stray* and when I found out she was preg. I kept her inside to take care of her till she had the kittens. And we have 2 other cats that live in the house, But they are outside 85% of the time * we have a doggie door which is shut in the day for when he is out .. we want him a indoors kitty* and momma and babys are in the spare room.. where he is.. *only space to put them to be safe at this point,cause they are soo young*
That is still a LOT of cats in his territory. The fact that he gets along with the other 2 outdoor cats is a good sign...remember...when you move to your own place...you won't have the foster mom or 2 of the kittens. When the kittens get older..you can see if he gets along with one of them best and adopt that one. For now...just recognize the fact that you have changed the dynamic and this is his territory and he is simply letting mom know it.

Katie