Why am I even sad?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't get it

I've always been very regular with my 'monthly', never really late, always on time.

This month, I am so far 10 days late. I was a little worried, but also excited. We never expected for this to happen, but we were going to great it with open arms and accept the fact that we may be expecting. I was going to go out and buy a test tonight to confirm the fact, we were both pretty excited about it.

I woke up this morning with cramps, the well known fact that I'm going to be getting it today

How can I be sad about something that I never really 'had'?

I know I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up about it... but being over 10 days late, when I'm usually SO regular, really got our hopes up and we thought it was a pretty sure thing.

I just had to vent to someone.... maybe someone else will understand why I'm sad over something I never really had in the first place.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A little bundle of joy growing inside of you is an amazing thing! When you think something like that is happening even if it is unplanned will make you happy! Then to find out that you are not is such a swing in the opposite direction its very understandable that you are sad!I would be too even though I know that now is not the right time in my life for children (if I ever decide I want children).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its not really the best time in our lives either, but if it ever happened, John, and my family would welcome it with the most open arms.... I dunno, its probably for the best, but I still feel so sad about it.

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww!!!
I'm sorry. That happened to me before I had my girls. I so understand how you feel. But think of it this way... if you are finding yourself sad over "something that never really was" then maybe you are wanting a little (less furry) one more than you thought. Just something to think about.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everything happens for a reason Mackenzie...it will happen for you when the time is right. I can understand why you would be upset though, you were getting excited about the possiblity of being a mommy, it's ok to be a little bit sad

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys....

Most girls in my situation would be so happy to have cramps, but for me, its just.... ugh. I know that I'M ready for a baby, whenever the time may come - financial, yes. In our relationship, we could handle it - I even think John was getting a little excited....Its probably for the better, but I figured all you women out there would be able to relate.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sad over something I never really "had" at the end of every month...
It's perfectly normal to feel that way. And it just shows what a loving responsible couple you & John are. Have a double scoop sundae and you'll feel much better!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
I can totally understand how you feel. But think about it the other way, it wasn't meant to be. Also you now have lots more time to have fun with your friends, and have the freedom you don't have when theres a baby involved.
Your time will come, and maybe by then you'll be even more financially secure and maybe even have a ring on your finger and everything will be even more perfect

to you though, it wasn't meant to be. It's lovely that you feel so happy in your relationship that you'd welcome a baby though

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

I can totally understand how you feel. But think about it the other way, it wasn't meant to be. Also you now have lots more time to have fun with your friends, and have the freedom you don't have when theres a baby involved.
Your time will come, and maybe by then you'll be even more financially secure and maybe even have a ring on your finger and everything will be even more perfect

to you though, it wasn't meant to be. It's lovely that you feel so happy in your relationship that you'd welcome a baby though
Your right - when it does happen, we'll be even more ready. It just stings a bit knowing that it wasn't there.... at least I really know how my feelings are towards being pregnant!
And John's too!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't really say that I relate, but I can see how you would be sad. I mean, it's a big step and a wonderful thing to have a baby. It's such a miracle, & here you were thinking & hoping it was possible & then your hopes were dashed on a rock. Don't worry...it will happen when the time is right!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miss Mew is right everything happens for a reason. Chin up, girl.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's hard when you shift your reality to include a new baby, and then it doesn't happen. Then you have to try to shift your reality, and your whole world, back to the way it was before. The human mind is amazing with how fast we can change our outlook, our future plans, our everything.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

I can totally relate. Seems like every time I see a baby lately, all I can think is "I want one!!!".
Ha same, it looks like that pregnant people just popped out of no where

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Ha same, it looks like that pregnant people just popped out of no where
Thats SO true.... everytime I see someone with a baby, I just want one even more!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When the time is right, it will happen. I'm sorry you're hurting over this.
For what it's worth, I think it goes to show what loving, devoted parents you will be when the time comes. Your baby will be so lucky!

tarav

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I understand you being upset, i was married for 6 years and we never used anything to prevent pregnancy, every month I waited and waited for signs and they never came. I just could not figure out what was wrong with me. He never cared one way or the other. Well almost 3 years ago i got divorced and decided that I never wanted a baby that I enjoyed being single and doing what i wanted. Last year i met the man of my dreams and moved in with him last november, he already has kids and has custody of his 4 yr old, I have become mommy to this little boy and am getting ready to adopt him. then this past february I was 3 days late and for whatever reason decided to do a test. I am due to have my own baby boy any day now. So don't give up hope it took me 8 years of ups and downs and while it may be hard it will happen for you when the time is right. Not necesarily when you have the time or the money, but when the forces in your life decide that it is time. Don't give up hope. and good luck.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thats SO true.... everytime I see someone with a baby, I just want one even more!
I know exactly how you feel. At work I go visit the infants all the time...I want kids more than anything and I have too felt sad about something I never "had". It'll happen when the time is right
If you need to talk, I'm here

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, just look at it as sort of a dry run. I'll bet it brought you and John closer together too, huh?
But it's really weird this month - it seems there's an awful lot of this going around. As a matter of fact I'm about 6 weeks late myself, but I'm sure I'm not pg. And even so, there is still that little disappointment.