need advice on introducing blind kitten

stella-b

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my roommate is adopting a blind 2 month old kitten, who shes named Ray (male, just neutered, born with no eyes) tomorrow.
my question is how do i introduce my 11 month old kitten, Stella (female, spayed) to my roomamtes kitten. ive read that the best thing to do is let them smell each other underneath the door for a few days but i was wondering if there was anything else more specific that needed to be done to make him feel more comfortable not being able to see her. shes very sweet and has never been aggressive, just playful and i dont think theres going to be a very big territory issue because stella's favorite spot to nap is in my room along with her dish bowls and litter box. Ray will be sleeping in my roommates room along with his own dish bowl and litter box. im just making sure that the introductions go along as smoothly as possible. any advice would be very appreciated
thanx

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by stella-B

my roommate is adopting a blind 2 month old kitten, who shes named Ray (male, just neutered, born with no eyes) tomorrow.
my question is how do i introduce my 11 month old kitten, Stella (female, spayed) to my roomamtes kitten. ive read that the best thing to do is let them smell each other underneath the door for a few days but i was wondering if there was anything else more specific that needed to be done to make him feel more comfortable not being able to see her. shes very sweet and has never been aggressive, just playful and i dont think theres going to be a very big territory issue because stella's favorite spot to nap is in my room along with her dish bowls and litter box. Ray will be sleeping in my roommates room along with his own dish bowl and litter box. im just making sure that the introductions go along as smoothly as possible. any advice would be very appreciated
thanx
Awww..that is very sweet that your roommate is adopting this kitten. I do not believe there is anything else that you should provide that is special for the introductions...you may want to get Ray a collar with a bell so that you know where he is at all times. I would also double check to make sure there isn't anything that he could get into that would potentially be unsafe.

Katie

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only other bit of information of gotten on here about blind kitties, is to keep all the furniture in the same place so that once he learns where everything is, he doesn't have any surprises.

Can't wait to see some pictures of the two!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are on the right track. Because the kitten is blind you need to keep things in the same place and rarely make any changes - this includes furniture, food/water bowls and litter pan.

The other senses will heighten (sense of smell especially).