Kitten in Custody

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok... I somehow got myself into this. Well I know how actually... all you have to do is look at the face below. Kind of a long story but I'm having trouble feeding him. When we agreed to take him, we didn't know he wasn't weened and hadn't eaten kitten food yet.

Special Delivery!

Who? Me??

hmmm what's this website about?

Oh I get it! It's about kids like me!

This looks like a good place to rest.

Aren't I a cute printjob?

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Omgosh how lucky are you. In term's of cuteness, I think that's the best yet. I just wanna... steal him! Goodness, I'm in love

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! Get this... the owner of him and his mama got a pit bull puppy and gave the kitten's mother away and was going to take him to a shelter. I told my daughter (who works with this girl) I would take him figuring if worse came to worse, I could easily find him a good home. Not knowing he hasn't been weened and never eaten solid food or liquid from a bowl. So today I'm scrambling around to go get formula and a bottle to feed the poor thing. He's been more interested in playing with the adult cats then eating. He's finally settling down and I got him to take about 10-15 cc from a bottle. He's so darn cute I just can't stand it! His mother is Persian and the father is Angora.

catsushi62

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Thanks everyone! Get this... the owner of him and his mama got a pit bull puppy and gave the kitten's mother away and was going to take him to a shelter. I told my daughter (who works with this girl) I would take him figuring if worse came to worse, I could easily find him a good home. Not knowing he hasn't been weened and never eaten solid food or liquid from a bowl. So today I'm scrambling around to go get formula and a bottle to feed the poor thing. He's been more interested in playing with the adult cats then eating. He's finally settling down and I got him to take about 10-15 cc from a bottle. He's so darn cute I just can't stand it! His mother is Persian and the father is Angora.
Makes you just want to choke people sometimes that throw away their pets.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was about to ask, what were these people thinking -- and realized they weren't -- that was the problem! GAD! what a sweetie! Of course you had to take him -- how could you not!

sweatereyes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I ended up with my cat in a similar situation, their purebreed cat (norweigen forest cat) had gotten pregnant by a non norqeigen forest cat so, they deemed these mixed kittens as pretty much "invalids" and were just going to throw them away right away so she could recover to have purebreed kittens that they could then sell. I heard about it from a friend of a friend, and i called them up and said that i could have one of them for free (oh arn't i lucky?). They told me that the kittens were 9 weeks old and already weened and litter box trained. However when the kitten was brought (not by the breeder, but by the friend of a friend thing) i quickly realized that the kitten way MAYBE 5 weeks old, and definately not weened.

It takes a bit of patience, but he loved kitten milk bought at pet stores and soft foods slightly warmed. The first while we had to feed him out of our hand. Some people are not very considerate, they were more worried about getting rid of the kittens so she could have another litter than allowing them to stay with her the proper amount of time.

He's gorgeous though! he's lucky that there was someone to take care of and love him so much!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update before I go to work. I've been keeping the kitten in the bathroom with a bed, litter pan and bowl of water and some toys. Even though he doesn't drink from the bowl. He stays in there while I'm at work and at night. This morning he ate much better from the bottle and when I put a little formula on a jar lid, he lapped at that a little bit. So maybe he just needs to be taught how to eat like a big boy!
I don't know how long he was seperated from his mother. But he doesn't seem to miss her much. He doesn't mew in distress. Maybe because there are a couple other adult kitties here? He's learned VERY fast that my bed is the most comfortable place in the house. And if I'm at the computer he has to be on the desk exploring. He's such a cutie!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww..............what a pudding............

sounds like he´s settling in well - please can we have more photos

I need another cuteness fix !!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

My goodness Tammie! There's no doubt that it would take a heart of stone to say no to that baby face. What a cutie-pie!
that's so true - i would've had to turn him away, sight unseen in order to turn him away! what a sweetheart - name, yet?

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Awwww bless him, and are the older cats ok with him Tammie?
Yes the older cats are ok with him. Of course he isn't out with them all the time. Just an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. Jazzy is in heaven because the kitten plays with him. Peaches washes him after I feed him. And Jake just sort of sits back and glares at him a little bit. I was surprised Jake has been a little slower warming up to him. He's my mellow, gentle cat.