Cats and Yogurt

steve'n'tiggy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I read somewhere that if you have a "smelly cat" when he heads to the box give him/her some plain yogurt each day at feeding time and it will stop the stink. well it's true i tried it and it works! plus he loves the yogurt and looks at it as a treat. my vet said it also has other things in it that tiggy needs.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been thinking of trying this out on my Zeus, he's a little stinker! or maybe pumpkin, I've read on here that they can alleviate the problem too. Glad yogurt worked for ya!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I might give that a try. My cats can clear a room all the way down the hall. They go nuts to lick the yogurt cups when my sweetie is done with them, so it will be a good treat. Thanks for the tip!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by steve'n'tiggy

I read somewhere that if you have a "smelly cat" when he heads to the box give him/her some plain yogurt each day at feeding time and it will stop the stink. well it's true i tried it and it works! plus he loves the yogurt and looks at it as a treat. my vet said it also has other things in it that tiggy needs.
I am going to assume that you are talking about real, plain yogurt without sugar and jam and such added?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plain or vanilla works too. Have you ever tried plain yogurt? that stuff is pretty bad tasting. I usually go with vanilla and spoon out some for the cats and some for me. But be careful because if you give them more then a couple teaspoons of yogurt at a time it could actually cause worse diarrhea.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Have you ever tried plain yogurt? that stuff is pretty bad tasting.
I love plain yogurt, and so do my cats
I buy Total greek yogurt and leave a bit in the carton for my boys to enjoy.

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am a great believer in not allowing Pippin human food just because our dogs were always given human food and were always ill so I stopped any sort of "human treats" to pippin. Besides, I don't want him to start begging at the sight of our dinner!

Anyway on Friday I read this thread and went home not thinking about it again. I'd just got out of the bath and was walking through to the bedroom when I noticed my partner leaning over the couch with something in his hand and Pippin furiously licking at that something. Tony has been sharing his yoghurt Pippin Yoghurt - plain or vanilla - since we brought him home 18 months ago!

Well knock me down with a feather..... I never ever knew that!