How do you clean junk?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here i am, going through cupboards and drawers sorting out paper which needs to be chucked away and what needs to be kept.
Then i see cards, pencils, pens, cute paper, stickers, ect, i wanted to keep them all together, but my box isnt big enough, so i go to seperate them all and i end up making a bigger mess than it was originally!
so i gave up and shoved everything back into my drawers!

so.. how do you do it??

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am a horrible pack rat but when i finally do get in the mood I figure if it has been sitting for over a year, it is garbage. Of course that does not go for the sentimental stuff.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cant chuck everything in the garbage!!
I just need more storage space!

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try separating things into small boxes or even plastic zipper type bags. Pens and pencils in one, stickers in one, stationery in one etc. It keeps things organized and you can easily see what is each box or envelope. Plus you don't see a lot of junk piled up in the drawer when you open it.
And yes you have to be ruthless about throwing out some things. Good luck organizing.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

be ruthless.................ever so, ever so ruthless...............and buy lots of heavy duty waste bags

have fun
have to agree, hehe, remember more stuff you have , more stuff you have to move later

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

But all my junk makes me happy!
Ok Sarah, you are the exception to the rule!
I hate junk, I just have a hard time getting rid of it. You never know if you might use it.

So somewhere I heard if it doesn't make you happy and it doesn't make you smile then get rid of it. They also so if you haven't used it in a month you never will so chunk it.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Ok Sarah, you are the exception to the rule!
I hate junk, I just have a hard time getting rid of it. You never know if you might use it.

So somewhere I heard if it doesn't make you happy and it doesn't make you smile then get rid of it. They also so if you haven't used it in a month you never will so chunk it.
It really is difficult to be strong enough to get rid of it, isn't it - despite the rules!

I hate junk too, but I'm a dab hand at hiding it!
Sometimes even from myself!

My theory is that one day I 'might' need the broken wing mirror/burnt car badge/smashed teapot/hair.... for an art piece and if I throw it out, I'll have to try to find another one!