TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › How do you clean junk?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How do you clean junk?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Here i am, going through cupboards and drawers sorting out paper which needs to be chucked away and what needs to be kept.
Then i see cards, pencils, pens, cute paper, stickers, ect, i wanted to keep them all together, but my box isnt big enough, so i go to seperate them all and i end up making a bigger mess than it was originally!
so i gave up and shoved everything back into my drawers!

so.. how do you do it??
post #2 of 14
Your way sounds a lot like my way!! Buy a bigger box too!!
post #3 of 14
be ruthless.................ever so, ever so ruthless...............and buy lots of heavy duty waste bags

have fun
post #4 of 14
My motto is... if it doesn't make you happy chunk it!

I love when I get in that mood because I need to chunk a lot!
post #5 of 14
I am a horrible pack rat but when i finally do get in the mood I figure if it has been sitting for over a year, it is garbage. Of course that does not go for the sentimental stuff.....
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
I cant chuck everything in the garbage!!
I just need more storage space!
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan View Post
I cant chuck everything in the garbage!!
I just need more storage space!

Does this stuff make you happy? Do you smile when you look at it? If not CHUNK IT!
post #8 of 14
get a seperate box for stationary....then you'd keep all your good pens/papers/stickers in there!!! And NOT with the junk!
post #9 of 14
Try separating things into small boxes or even plastic zipper type bags. Pens and pencils in one, stickers in one, stationery in one etc. It keeps things organized and you can easily see what is each box or envelope. Plus you don't see a lot of junk piled up in the drawer when you open it. And yes you have to be ruthless about throwing out some things. Good luck organizing.
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by snosrap5 View Post
Does this stuff make you happy? Do you smile when you look at it? If not CHUNK IT!
Worded perfectly, because that's exactly what i've been doing the last couple of weeks.
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooficat View Post
be ruthless.................ever so, ever so ruthless...............and buy lots of heavy duty waste bags

have fun
have to agree, hehe, remember more stuff you have , more stuff you have to move later
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by snosrap5 View Post
My motto is... if it doesn't make you happy chunk it!

I love when I get in that mood because I need to chunk a lot!
But all my junk makes me happy!
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar View Post
But all my junk makes me happy!

Ok Sarah, you are the exception to the rule! I hate junk, I just have a hard time getting rid of it. You never know if you might use it.

So somewhere I heard if it doesn't make you happy and it doesn't make you smile then get rid of it. They also so if you haven't used it in a month you never will so chunk it.
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by snosrap5 View Post
Ok Sarah, you are the exception to the rule! I hate junk, I just have a hard time getting rid of it. You never know if you might use it.

So somewhere I heard if it doesn't make you happy and it doesn't make you smile then get rid of it. They also so if you haven't used it in a month you never will so chunk it.
It really is difficult to be strong enough to get rid of it, isn't it - despite the rules!

I hate junk too, but I'm a dab hand at hiding it! Sometimes even from myself!

My theory is that one day I 'might' need the broken wing mirror/burnt car badge/smashed teapot/hair.... for an art piece and if I throw it out, I'll have to try to find another one!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › How do you clean junk?