What type of cat is this?

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's gorgeous! I have no idea about breed, though. I'd just describe him as a pointed chocolate classic tabby. He's very pretty... you should have no trouble finding him a home, I wish I could take him!

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's listed as a bengal, but I don't believe that's what he is... He looks like he may have a few things in him. He's stunning though!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow he is gorgeous. I don't agree with the listing as Bengal though. Man I owuld love to have him!!!

bab-ush-niik

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's not any particular breed, just remarkable coloring. Bengals don't come in points.

I'd list his color as Seal Lynx Point. The Lynx just means that he has tabby markings. Pointed cats usually have blue eyes. Godiva may be right, he may be Chocolate rather than Seal. Hard to tell the difference in the pic. A breeder could probably tell you the color.

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is gorgeous! I've never seen a cat that looked quit like him before. I can't imagine him not being adopted soon. I looked to see where you were, because I'd love to have him.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, I agree... I think to get that kind of depth of color to the tabby markings on the body, he's have to be mink instead of point. Good call!

I want him... I want a snow/mink bengal someday.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think with the mink gene, the eyes can be anywhere from plain olive to emerald green to aqua-blue (that's how it is in tonks) It looks like he's on the aqua end of things...

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my...... SOOO BEAUTIFUL>>>> I'm in love with the cat!!!

I would take him in a heart beat!

Why why would someone give such a beauty up!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rainbow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We seen a book in our vets office that matches him we think

brown marbled tabby Bengal

We are a no kill shelter and he game from a high kill animal control. He was someoneâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s pet, he is neutered and front de-clawed. So we donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know why he was given up but he has the best personality.

Michelle

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think he's a Bengal. I have 2 Bengals. I can tell you they have the softest fur that you can imagine. When I first got Simba, I thought he felt like a mink coat. There are Snow Bengals with blue eyes, and some even sort of look like they have points. That kitty also has the eyes and face of a Bengal. Looks like he has really huge eyes. At the very least, I would say this cat is at least half Bengal, if not a purebred. Bengal's do have to have spots on their belly, not that regular tabby's can't have spots as well, but Bengals have to have a spotted tummy. To me, this kitty looks like a Bengal, and not a moggie.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bab-ush-niik

He's not any particular breed, just remarkable coloring. Bengals don't come in points.

I'd list his color as Seal Lynx Point. The Lynx just means that he has tabby markings. Pointed cats usually have blue eyes. Godiva may be right, he may be Chocolate rather than Seal. Hard to tell the difference in the pic. A breeder could probably tell you the color.
Uhm..yes, Bengals do come in points. Check out pix of Snow Leopard Bengals on the 'net. I had a lost one that I cared for and then ultimately placed with Hissy initially, last Summer. Actually, I think I posted a photo of him last year - look for pix of "velcro".

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

Actually, I agree... I think to get that kind of depth of color to the tabby markings on the body, he's have to be mink instead of point. Good call!

I want him... I want a snow/mink bengal someday.
If you want to see stunning..check out the pix of Velcro - the snow leopard bengal rescue i did last Summer...gorgeous blue eyes.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He reminds me of this beautiful girl we had earlier this year. She's not as marbled, but she seems a similar color & has the same gorgeous eyes:

She was an absolute sweetheart to boot.

merrytreecats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
From his blue eyes and pointed pattern, he is a pointed cat, the gene for which does not exist in the Bengal genepool. And as it is a recessive gene, that would mean he couldn't even be half Bengal. What a gorgeous cat!