Do you have bugs in your salad?

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah..So I'm just about to throw up.
I just went and got a salad from Burger King, I was starving..
As I'm eating my salad (NO SPINACH IN IT!), and sharing it with my daughter, I get towards the bottom, and THERE IS BIG FAT NASTY BUG in it. Dead.

Oh My Gosh.

It was disgusting. My stomach is just a churning away. Bleh..Wish I was able to make myself puke.
That's not the first time I've had a bug problem there.
Once I was drinking my sprite, and noticed a funny texture in my mouth, so I opened the top, and sure ENOUGH, there was like 15 ants crawling around trying not to drown.
Ugh...
You guys ever have nasty experiences like that with food places?!

Needless to say..I am never ever ever ever eating there ever again.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah

yeah..So I'm just about to throw up.
I just went and got a salad from Burger King, I was starving..
As I'm eating my salad (NO SPINACH IN IT!), and sharing it with my daughter, I get towards the bottom, and THERE IS BIG FAT NASTY BUG in it. Dead.

Oh My Gosh.

It was disgusting. My stomach is just a churning away. Bleh..Wish I was able to make myself puke.
That's not the first time I've had a bug problem there.
Once I was drinking my sprite, and noticed a funny texture in my mouth, so I opened the top, and sure ENOUGH, there was like 15 ants crawling around trying not to drown.
Ugh...
You guys ever have nasty experiences like that with food places?!

Needless to say..I am never ever ever ever eating there ever again.
I would totally call them and get my money back!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should call them and let them know about it. Most restaurants will go out of their ways for things like that. That's gross. I bet you'll get your money back at the VERY least.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

That is why I rarely buy salads from places - I make my own at home because I can wash it well and check.

I would demand my money back!
Especially if that isn't the first time! That is DISGUSTING

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got food poisioning - as in sick in the hospital- from Pig-N-Wistle BBQ....needless to say I called them and told them their food was unsanitary and gave me food poisioning! And they had the nerve to offer me a free meal! Uhhhh....some people's stupidity never ceases to amaze me! lol.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well they just closed like 10 minutes ago.
I debated calling them, and I did eat most of the salad.
When I like "Oh my..This is real bad." and covered my mouth, SO was like "LAWSUIT!!!!!"

It's just that I've worked in food service for so long, and I know what goes on behind the scenes when someone returns thier food because of a hair, or a bug, or something wierd like that.
Everyone says "well she ate most of it, we shouldnt give the money back"
Or.."she put that bug in there to get her money back"
And I don't know...Maybe I'm just a passive person when it comes to that. I do plan on telling everyone and everyone I know about it, and hope to ruin some of thier business.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea, subway. i finished a l diet pespi, took off the lid to eat the ice and there was 2 dead flies.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I would totally call them and get my money back!
or a free meal next time. When I worked at Burger King, if we mess up an order they got a free meal. and I would totally complain to the manager if that wasn't the first time...maybe they have a bug infestation which I KNOW is gross but need to fix that problem without harming the food.
People can get really sick. I don't eat much at Burger King anymore..but I can't stay away from their chicken tenders and fries when I do go there.
I haven't been there in months.
I got so sick when I found a bone in my chicken salad there and that was when I was working there! I would rather go to Taco Bell, Pork Chop Johns, Quiznos, Subway and Wendy's than Burger King or McDonalds.
I don't hate McDonalds, I think it's better than Burger King, though.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure about the rest of germany, but here in frankfurt we get regular food controls, now its double as strict because of the "gammelfleisch" sp? which means rotten meat.
I personally havent had a problem with MC D or Burger king, there isnt really anything else here that is open untill late except kababs from the turkish stores.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think bugs in salads is sort of a fact of life, especially if you eat organics. I tend to find a lady bug larva here and there in my salads most of the time alive and well too (lady bugs are natural aphid killers, and I'd MUCH rather have lady bug larvae on my food than aphids!). They're pretty freaky when you find them, they're black and orange, about half an inch long and have a grub or catepillar like appearance. I brought home a bunch of celery once and there was a HUGE preying mantis hiding in it (like 6 inches!), I left the groceries on the kitchen counter and he crawled out of the plastic bag and started flying around, was very freaky.

I did have an instance where I found TWO LIVE aphids on the lettuce of my burger from a Wendy's that was situated in a HOSPITAL of all places. Unfortunately, I found them after I ate half the burger, who knows how many I've eaten. The food coloring additive red 40 is made from squished bugs, so you people who like to eat a lot of artificial red stuff (popscicles, candy, any kind of red colored soda), you're drinking bug juice. Peanut butter and honey also has the random bug part in it (with honey it's unavoidable, then again, you are eating bee spit/vomit and I don't think there's an organism in the world that doesn't like peanut butter).

But if you don't know can't hurt you right? An ant here and there, a spider, a gnat, you probably eat bugs pretty regularly without even knowing it. Unless it's a disease carrying bug like a fly or roach, THEN that's bad. So yeah, I'm prettty meh when it comes to finding bugs in my food.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would try and identify the bug, since cockroaches and flies do transmit disease. But if it's not that, then it could be a sign that at least you didn't consume some very potent pesticides.
And you definitely should contact the restaurant and also your environmental health dept. Such conditions should not be allowed!! If it's roaches, and a small child, esp. with health issues, gets sick

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

I think bugs in salads is sort of a fact of life, especially if you eat organics. I tend to find a lady bug larva here and there in my salads most of the time alive and well too (lady bugs are natural aphid killers, and I'd MUCH rather have lady bug larvae on my food than aphids!). They're pretty freaky when you find them, they're black and orange, about half an inch long and have a grub or catepillar like appearance. I brought home a bunch of celery once and there was a HUGE preying mantis hiding in it (like 6 inches!), I left the groceries on the kitchen counter and he crawled out of the plastic bag and started flying around, was very freaky.

I did have an instance where I found TWO LIVE aphids on the lettuce of my burger from a Wendy's that was situated in a HOSPITAL of all places. Unfortunately, I found them after I ate half the burger, who knows how many I've eaten. The food coloring additive red 40 is made from squished bugs, so you people who like to eat a lot of artificial red stuff (popscicles, candy, any kind of red colored soda), you're drinking bug juice. Peanut butter and honey also has the random bug part in it (with honey it's unavoidable, then again, you are eating bee spit/vomit and I don't think there's an organism in the world that doesn't like peanut butter).

But if you don't know can't hurt you right? An ant here and there, a spider, a gnat, you probably eat bugs pretty regularly without even knowing it. Unless it's a disease carrying bug like a fly or roach, THEN that's bad. So yeah, I'm prettty meh when it comes to finding bugs in my food.
I couldn't help but kinda... laugh at this, and then fight the urge not to throw up. But it made me remember something that someone once told me...that on average, in your sleep mind you, you swallow 2 spiders a year.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We bought a b-day cake from a grocery store once for my Dad.We cut into the cake and my Brother took a bit out of his piece.He found a piece of fish line in his cake!!!! Fish line!!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sisters husband stopped at BK for breakfast one morning before work. He had eaten his hasbrowns and drank most of his sprite. He got to his desk and unwrapped his sandwich and a roach crawled dout of it. He took the top off his sprite and there was a dead roach floating in there!
We don't go to that BK anymore!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by alikatt

I couldn't help but kinda... laugh at this, and then fight the urge not to throw up. But it made me remember something that someone once told me...that on average, in your sleep mind you, you swallow 2 spiders a year.
I've heard that too and I really hope it's not true!!!!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One time I was at a Boston Market and I had taken a bit out of the corn bread muffin. I then pulled it apart to take another small bite but noticed something weird in it. I looked closer and YEP! there was an ant baked INTO the muffin. I was with my mom and fiance, IN the restaurant so I asked to speak to the manager.

I told him that I didn't want to freak other people out, but wanted him to know that there was an ant (I showed him how it was baked into the muffin) and want to know what he said? He asked if I wanted another muffin.

I haven't been back since.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A long time ago I was eating with my family at a local restaurant- I had ordered an omelet of some sort. I took a bite and bit down on a piece of glass!! I didn't get cut or anything, it was sort of a rounded chunk but it was definetely glass! I think another time I went there I found a piece of wire in my food about an inch long but I don't think I actually ate it- I noticed it first.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You wouldn't believe the things I find when I go to the other restaurant to work. I won't eat there, it's gross. They kill flies above the food, drink and eat at the front counter and RARELY wash their hands, UGH! it's nasty.
Speaking of which, I'm late gotta go!!!