My turn for a 'ladies' question!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anyone ever switched 'pills' and felt just awful! I'm not sure that is the cause, but man! I'm like having hot flashes! And mood swings that are just crazy! Ask my poor husband! The ladies at work (all are like my mother's age....which is menopausal!) think it's hysterical!

Yeah I've been under some stress and stuff...and not feeling too well. But I just don't know. I'm not sure if I should blame it on the pill changing (ortho to yasmine) or what!

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
YES! I totally understand.
I was getting very moody, weight gain, cramps from my Ortho so my doctor switched me to a lower dose pill, loestrin, and the same thing happened! And then same thing happened when I went off it completely a few months ago...I seriously thought I was going to freak out and have a nervous breakdown...I couldn't control my emotions!! Plus, I was getting darkening of the skin on my face from the pill. No more for me ever!
Good luck girl - you'll feel better soon! In the meantime, have a glass of wine!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on Yasmine- i've been on it for 4 years and I love it ( I didn't take anything else before starting Yasmine)....it took me about a month to get used to it, but once i did, i've done very well with it, my periods are lighter, and the cramping went away for the most part. I did gain a little bit of weight with it (even though i ate healthy and worked out ) but it's nothing major and you can loose that should it happen. I still get moody a day or two before my peroids though- but then again, who doesn't
You should be ok sweetie- just hang in there....and lay off salty foods and caffine- they make your symptoms worse. I hope you feel better soon. I've been taking Yasmin for 4 years and love it- hopefully you will feel better soon and start to see successs with it as well....if not, maybe your doctor could recommend something else.

(Just a side note- i started Yasmine because I had HORRIBLE periods and was completely irregular. It has helped soo much and has relieved a ton of my symptoms)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm hoping this passes. My side effects weren't that bad on ortho, it just seemed they were increrasing with time, so I thought switching might help. I didn't expect this rollercoaster!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year i made a mistake switching form Fermranette to yasmine and then back to Ferm. i had to switch to yasmin because i didnt have money to buy a pill pack and my ex's mother gave me yasmin.

My face discoloured when i returned to ferm, i gained alot of weight, and i was going through a rollercoaster.

Now ive been off the pill for exactly a year, and my doctor prescribed me the new pill Aida, its a brand new pill on the market, and i feel weird about it... I dont want my face to go dull again, or put on more weight than i need to.
I asked to get the Diapram but she told me it was too unsafe, and at the moment im not able to get the other methods on the market because of money reasons!

I really hope you get better soon, if its still like this by your second or 3rd month of taking it, then you should consult your doctor.

malena

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Go see your doctor. I cannot take any kind of hormons before I get the symptoms you describe and it can take a long time to get well again. The sooner you stop the faster you get well but if you wait to long you might need medication to get well again.

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Even though our pills are completely different as I live in the UK and I'm on Logynon (changed from Triphasil (south African) after my little stash ran out!) I know exactly what you mean! I used to take my pill first thing in the morning and I felt awful for hours afterward! I was constantly feeling sick, moody and tired! After months of feeling this way, a friend suggested taking the pill just before I went to bed - and as I am a sad, lonely person with pretty much no social life I am pretty regularily in bed at 10! (and if I'm not, I take the pill at 10 anyway!) It has helped alot and I am no longer a crabby b*tch in the mornings!

Try it when you start your new pack and see how it goes... might take 1/2 the pack to start working but you'll at least feel better in the morning.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes its very likely caused by the switch! When I went off of Ortho for a while I got super moody while my body adjusted then when I went back on it the same thing happened! In time this should pass!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Do you have to pay for your birth control Fran?!
Yes we do in Germany

Now since i turned 20 i have to pay the full price! Yikes!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think anytime you switch birth control your body will react to it for a couple months. In the last 5-6 years I've gone from Ortho to Ortho Lo to Nuvaring, and although I had the most symptoms when I first started Ortho, I noticed changes each time I switched. Just hang in there!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm hanging.....but does anyone have a spare bedroom to loan DH? I got sooo mad at the hotdogs for being frozen tonight. I don't know what I expected taking them out of the freezer!
I was just in a hurry I guess.

Thanks for all your replies. I feel a bit better that this seems to be 'normal' with switching. This was my first pack being paid for with my own insurance....wow! Talk about sticker shock! But I'm recovered from that for now at least!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I'm hanging.....but does anyone have a spare bedroom to loan DH? I got sooo mad at the hotdogs for being frozen tonight. I don't know what I expected taking them out of the freezer!
I was just in a hurry I guess.

Thanks for all your replies. I feel a bit better that this seems to be 'normal' with switching. This was my first pack being paid for with my own insurance....wow! Talk about sticker shock! But I'm recovered from that for now at least!
It's ok.....I screamed at the ground meat earlier when it fell out of the freezer completly frozen and onto my foot- i was cussing at it for a good minute or so before i noticed my dog just staring up at me with his ears perked up and a confused look on his face lol
I hope you get to feeling better soon! Your symptoms will hopefully dissolve over the next few weeks. I hope you are able to continue with Yasmine- it has personally helped me a lot. Hopefully it will help you out soon. Good luck! Feel better!!! Oh...and maybe ordering a pizza tomorrow night wouldn't be a bad idea- those poor hotdogs

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

It's ok.....I screamed at the ground meat earlier when it fell out of the freezer completly frozen and onto my foot- i was cussing at it for a good minute or so before i noticed my dog just staring up at me with his ears perked up and a confused look on his face lol
I hope you get to feeling better soon! Your symptoms will hopefully dissolve over the next few weeks. I hope you are able to continue with Yasmine- it has personally helped me a lot. Hopefully it will help you out soon. Good luck! Feel better!!! Oh...and maybe ordering a pizza tomorrow night wouldn't be a bad idea- those poor hotdogs
Actually tomorrow night is the big annual founders award dinner. That means I have to wear pantyhose and have cocktails and act nice around the co-workers who don't work at my office. Well, most of them are ok....it's the pantyhose that will get to me! I swear they are evil!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Germany used to be better, untill about 2 years ago, they changed alot of their medical things, which is kind of upsetting.