Help

catsushi62

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When using photoshop to make your banner where do you download any new backgrounds you want to use. And is it like going to file and new and then adding a new layer???? Or where could I find a good tutorial? Thank you ahead of time. Ohh and I also have paintshop pro 7 and 8

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think most of us make our own backgrounds. If you have Photoshop there are loads and loads of filters, brush's, and "Actions" that you can download to help you create your own original background.

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I still haven't figured out how to use brushes. Nor have I figured out how to find and download them.

I like all the swirlly-whirlly backgrounds you guys do. But have no clue how to make them.

So I stick with the plain Jane stuff.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yarra

I still haven't figured out how to use brushes. Nor have I figured out how to find and download them.

I like all the swirlly-whirlly backgrounds you guys do. But have no clue how to make them.

So I stick with the plain Jane stuff.

Just do a search (Google/Yahoo) for Photoshop (or PSP) brushes, and you'll find sites where you can download them. What software are you using? I have PSP X, and I download a brush file, and then unzip it to my PSP sub-file entitled "Brushes".
When I click on the "standard brush" option on the PSP toolbar, I get a pop-up with all the brushes I've downloaded. I imagine Photoshop is similar. Then you can set the color, size, etc.

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have downloaded and used tubes before, i have PSP 9. I assume it's the same process to get them to your computer?

How do yall get the cool 3d looking effects though you have with your brushes?

Where do you go to get your brushes for psp?

Thanks!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yarra

I have downloaded and used tubes before, i have PSP 9. I assume it's the same process to get them to your computer?

How do yall get the cool 3d looking effects though you have with your brushes?

Where do you go to get your brushes for psp?

Thanks!
It's the same process as for the tubes. I don't have any sites for brushes bookmarked. I just put "PSP brushes" in Google, and check out the links.