TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Customers!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Customers! - Page 2

post #31 of 56
Thread Starter 
This is just NOT my week for customers

Today I have customer come in for an estimate.

Customer: Yeah, I need an estimate for body damage.
Me: Unfortunately, my estimator/boss is out of the office today, do you think
you could come back tomorrow? Or is the damage severe?
Customer: No, Its not bad.
Me: Ok, could you make an appointment to come back tomorrow?
Customer: No. I need this done on a Friday, done in ONE day
Me: Um, sir, we do not schedule on Friday's as that is our busiest day for outgoing cars.
Customer: Ok, I need to schedule for Friday.

Me: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
post #32 of 56
I get this alot too:

Me: Thank you for calling _____'s Philadelphia office.
Them: Can I speak to Ken Anderson.
Me: I'm sorry I don't have anyone here by that name.
Them: Well is this 215-555-1212?
Me: I'm sorry it's a switchboard for an Architectural Firm, is that what you were trying to reach?
Them: (completely not listening to anything I've said) Tell me, is this 215-555-1212?
Me: (frusterated) I'm sorry I don't know what you dialed.
Them: (angry and usually screaming) you don't know what # this is???
Me: How would I know what you dialed on your phone??????

PS....Sarah, Maui is just adorable!!!
post #33 of 56
I had a customer ask me in all seriousness a few days ago:

"Where do we get the money to pay for textbooks?"

I wasn't even sure how to respond to that. Uh... get a job? Then there's always the people who come in and say:

"I need a book. I don't remember who its by, or what its called... but I would recognize it if I saw it!"

How am I supposed to help you find that?
post #34 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom View Post

"Where do we get the money to pay for textbooks?"


I'm going to ask that next time I have to pay my bills!

"Where am I supposed to get the money to pay my electric bill?"
post #35 of 56
Nothing really stands out in my mind, but I really feel for those that work in retail. I worked in retail for many years, so I know what these people go through. I'm at a point in my life where I don't need to work with customers in that aspect anymore, but satill deal with it on a smaller scale.

Back when HomeBase was around, I worked there right before they went under. Funny thing is, I knew they were going to go under about 1 1/2 years before they actually did. The management pushed customer service, but didn't treat the employees well. When you don't treat the employess good, the employees don't treat the customers good. When the customers are treated badly, they go to Home Depot or Lowe's.

Don't even get me started on Wal-Mart and their "pledge to customer service" because there isn't any until you are checking out and you hand them your money.
post #36 of 56
It's not my week for them either but I am trying to forget the annoying ones from today, this one however needs to be shared

customer: I would like a free estimate please
me: what kind of insulation are you looking for?
him: ummm duh the kind that goes in your house, what are you stupid?
me: sir, there are several types of insulation that can be used in your home, where is it being applied to, attic, walls, garage etc
him: I don't know - the house is cold everywhere
me: ok well I will send out a general estimator then, can I have your address
him: I am not telling you where I live you could be an axe murderer
me (losing my patience): ok well I will put you through to the estimator and you can give it to him
him: well he could be an axe murderer too
me: well so could our workers but they will still have to come to your house to do the insulation
him: don't you do police checks on employees
me: yes that would be why neither myself nor the estimator is an axe murderer
him: well I still don't feel right giving out my address - can you just give me a price over the phone
me: well yes, if you know exactly what type of insulation you need and where you need it as well as measurements
him: well I don't know that
me: well then I can arrange for an in home visit, if you give me your address
him: ok... gives address
me: thank you, can I take your name and phone number so the estimator can call you to set up an appointment
him: no - have you ever heard of identity theft? ~hangs up~

Seriously I felt like I was on one of those shows to see how much of him I could handle
post #37 of 56
I used to work in retail in a small store and we had to lock up the tampons for a while because people kept stealing them.

People also liked to steal the douches. Don't ask me why.
post #38 of 56
By Federal law, we collections agents have to verify that we are speaking to an authorized party, before we can give out account information.

ME: Thank you for calling XXX Customer Finance, may I have you mobile (cell) number, area code first?

CALLER: I don't know my number.

ME: Do you have your account number?

CALLER: No, can't you look it up, from caller ID?

ME: No ma'am - this system doesn't have caller ID. I can look up your account, using your Social Security number. May I have that?

CALLER: I don't have my Social Security number. I'm a Katrina victim and I lost everything. (Mind you, this call was a MONTH ago, nearly a YEAR after Katrina).

ME: Ma'am, how long have you had this phone?

CALLER: About 4 months.

ME: Ma'am, you wouldn't have been able to GET a cellphone, without your Social Security number. (Besides, she wouldn't have been able to get any benefits, without it, either)

CALLER: I'm a Katrina victim, we get whatever we want.

ME: Ma'am, without SOME kind of identification, I cannot pull up your account OR give you any information.

CALLER: "CLICK"

Then, there are the ones who call in to make a payment and do NOT have their credit/debit card or checking account info with them. I am supposed to be psychic and magically pull the right numbers, out of thin air
post #39 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21 View Post
It's not my week for them either but I am trying to forget the annoying ones from today, this one however needs to be shared

customer: I would like a free estimate please
me: what kind of insulation are you looking for?
him: ummm duh the kind that goes in your house, what are you stupid?
me: sir, there are several types of insulation that can be used in your home, where is it being applied to, attic, walls, garage etc
him: I don't know - the house is cold everywhere
me: ok well I will send out a general estimator then, can I have your address
him: I am not telling you where I live you could be an axe murderer
me (losing my patience): ok well I will put you through to the estimator and you can give it to him
him: well he could be an axe murderer too
me: well so could our workers but they will still have to come to your house to do the insulation
him: don't you do police checks on employees
me: yes that would be why neither myself nor the estimator is an axe murderer
him: well I still don't feel right giving out my address - can you just give me a price over the phone
me: well yes, if you know exactly what type of insulation you need and where you need it as well as measurements
him: well I don't know that
me: well then I can arrange for an in home visit, if you give me your address
him: ok... gives address
me: thank you, can I take your name and phone number so the estimator can call you to set up an appointment
him: no - have you ever heard of identity theft? ~hangs up~

Seriously I felt like I was on one of those shows to see how much of him I could handle
Thats gotta be the best one yet!!
post #40 of 56
We have crazies that call our place!
post #41 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katl8e View Post


CALLER: I'm a Katrina victim, we get whatever we want.
I would have had a few choice words for a person who acted like this and stated this comment!
post #42 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by katl8e View Post
By Federal law, we collections agents have to verify that we are speaking to an authorized party, before we can give out account information.

ME: Thank you for calling XXX Customer Finance, may I have you mobile (cell) number, area code first?

CALLER: I don't know my number.

ME: Do you have your account number?

CALLER: No, can't you look it up, from caller ID?

ME: No ma'am - this system doesn't have caller ID. I can look up your account, using your Social Security number. May I have that?

CALLER: I don't have my Social Security number. I'm a Katrina victim and I lost everything. (Mind you, this call was a MONTH ago, nearly a YEAR after Katrina).

ME: Ma'am, how long have you had this phone?

CALLER: About 4 months.

ME: Ma'am, you wouldn't have been able to GET a cellphone, without your Social Security number. (Besides, she wouldn't have been able to get any benefits, without it, either)

CALLER: I'm a Katrina victim, we get whatever we want.

ME: Ma'am, without SOME kind of identification, I cannot pull up your account OR give you any information.

CALLER: "CLICK"

Then, there are the ones who call in to make a payment and do NOT have their credit/debit card or checking account info with them. I am supposed to be psychic and magically pull the right numbers, out of thin air

I can totally relate to this!!!

Rep: This is Susan, How may I help you?

them: I need to check on my student loan

Rep: May I have your Social Security numer please?

them: I'm not going to give you that!!

Rep: I cannot pull up your account without this but I may be able to search for by your name, what is your last name?

them: My name is David Johnson

Rep: Unfortunately sir, we have several hundred accounts under that name, I would need the social security number to pull up your account.

them: Well, I am not going to give it to you! I want to talk to your supervisor!!

Rep: One moment sir..

Puts Borrower on hold to explain the situation to me

Me: This is Meda, You requested a supervisor?

Them: I want to check on my account.

Me: May I have your Social Security Number..

Them: Sigh....... xxx-xx-xxxx

People are sooooo stupid sometimes
post #43 of 56
I have to say, I just had the best time reading this thread. It's amazing that some people can be so...

From June '05-Feb.'06, I was working in a little gas station, and you want to talk about some scary people. I'll try my best to replay this scenario.

Customer: *barrels in through the door* This is ridiculous!
Me: Sir, can I help you with something?
Customer: I don't want my gas anymore. How can I stop it?
Me: Well, if you just stop pumping, you'll stop it.
Customer: Well, I don't want what's already in there. Can I get my money back?
Me: Sir, I don't have the mean's to pull the gas out of your gas tank. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: You are price gouging!
Me: Sir, I don't see how we are price gouging, and I'm sorry you are unhappy with the current price of gas, but I have no control over the price at the pump.
Customer: Well the _______ (same gas station 6 miles up the street) has gas for $3.69, and you have it at $3.73. THAT IS PRICE GOUGING!
Me: Sir, we are competitive with those around us, as that station is competitive with those around them, but I assure you we are not price gouging.
Customer: You worthless ( insert every possible put down for a woman you can think of) I want my money back, and put back on my credit card!
Me: Sir, I am trying to be nice to you, and you are making this difficult, so I am going to give you 2 options. Finish pumping your gas, and leave, or I am calling the police and they will MAKE you leave.
Customer: WHAT?! I'm going to call the #$%^&*! police, and have them come here and shut you down for this.
Me: Go right ahead and do that *picks up the phone and calls police*

I explain to the police what was going on, and they CALMLY tried to talk to this guy, and he was just... out of his mind. Screaming and yelling at people to leave, we are price gouging and all kinds of stuff. The officer finally told him sir, you aren't getting your money back, she's not going to give you your money back, they aren't price gouging, and you are going to leave this property and NOT come back, or she will call us, and we'll have to come out here and arrest you. He left
post #44 of 56
Well i am NOT shy at all and i say what i think to people like that. i worked selling auto parts for a bit well that went over real well, i had a guy that wanted to get like that with me i ask him did he have to pick our store to display his stupidity. well he loved this question and started to say he was gonna pull me outside and " take care of buisness" well i stood up (6'4 300 lbs) to go out , he ran the manager fired me and that was that. i now work in construction where i do not have to deal with john q public and that is fine with me, like i said i have a problem dealing with people like that. i just need to remember if they can hear it it's talking, if only i can hear it it's thinking, i get that mixed up!
post #45 of 56
Tourists have to be some of the cheapest, dumbest people in the world. When I lived in Tombstone, they would walk into a store or restaurant and ask, "Do you have anything for free?"

Arizona is tough, when it comes to carding for cigarette and liquor sales. Even if ONE person in a party has ID and is old enough, the whole group gets carded. At Walgreen's, I carded a young lady, for cigarettes and she didn't have her ID (never mind the HUGE red-and-yellow sign right on my register). I apologized and cited the law. She turned to the woman behind her and said, "Mom, will you buy my cigarettes for me?" I promptly informed her that, since I was aware that she was buying them for the young lady, I wasn't going to sell them to HER either. Mom said, "Fine, we'll just go home, get her ID and show YOUR butt!" I had to bite my tongue, to keep from saying, "You've already shown YOURS."

Walgreens conducts frequent "stings" - sending young people without ID, to try to purchase alcohol and/or cigarettes. If the clerk makes the sale, she/he is FIRED on the spot. The company even fired a store MANAGER, for this.

I will NEVER work retail again.
post #46 of 56
Thread Starter 
I SWEAR!!!!
Today is not my day anyways - but still, some people just....arg!!

Customer: Yeah, uh... I was in there last night.... yeah.
Me: Okay, do you remember who you talked to?
Customer: Yeah.... uh, well, I talked to some guy named Brian.
Me: I'm sorry sir, we do not have anyone here by that name.
Customer: Yeah you do.
Me: Sir, I'm sorry, we do not.
Customer: Well, do you think you can wander around out there and ask around and find out who it was that I talked to?
Me:

Do you THINK I have all day to wander around our lot and find a salesman that you talked to? Get the guy's name BEFORE you leave! ugh!
post #47 of 56
The joys of working with people! I think some of my customers get duber by the second!! I have a costumer that gets deliveries from us that lives in another state. I fax his receipts to him. He says he hasn't gotten a receipt all year!! ITS SEPTEMBER!! YOU THINK YOU COULD HABE CALLED WHEN YOU REALIZED IN FEB THAT YOU NEVER GOT A RECEIPT FOR JAN.???

Thanks for starting this thread. Its really become my vent thread!!
post #48 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by snosrap5 View Post
I have a sign up in our shop that says...

If you are grumpy,
irritable
or just plain mean
there will be a
$10.00 charge
just to put up with
you!

.
that is at the dentist's office I go to.
post #49 of 56
On Sundays, Arizona doesn't allow the sale of alcohol, before 10:00 a.m. and the cash register clocks are set 10 minutes slow, to avoid an inadvertent sale (they won't ring up alcohol until the internal clock says it is 10).

One Sunday morning, a man came into Walgreens, loaded up a cart with cases of beer and about a dozen half-gallon bottles of liquor. The clock on the wall read 10 but, the register wouldn't ring the stuff up. I PATIENTLY explained this to the jerk but, he insisted upon going by the wall clock. I SHOWED him that the register wouldn't take the scan and he STILL pitched a fit. By this time, I had called the manager and opened the second register, to take care of the REASONABLE customers.

He finally left the cartful of liquor and stormed next door, to the Safeway. By this time, the register had ticked over and he could have had his booze and been on his way. Just HOW desperate was he, for that drink?
post #50 of 56
Thats as bad as the people here! In Georgia there is No Sunday Sales of alcohol. But if you drive 10 minutes to Alabama you can buy it like after 10 or 12. People would get really mad with me when I told them they couldn't buy it on Sunday. that have lived here their entire lives and they know its the law. Don't give the sales people a hard time, they didn't make the law!!
post #51 of 56
Thread Starter 
I don't think people understand the concept of scheduling a few days in advance - FOR ANYTHING!

Customer: Yeah, I need you to go over to Tires Plus and get my car and fix it.
Me: Ok, did you have an appointment, or call ahead of time? I do not see anything scheduled today in my book.
Customer: No, I didn't. But I want it done today, we're leaving tomorrow for vacation.
Me: Alright, well, I can see what I can do, but we are currently booked out 2 weeks in advance.
Customer: Well, can't you just squeeze it in!? I mean, come on, you can't be THAT busy.

Me: Why.... oh why....
post #52 of 56
I am sitting here laughing my head off, I thought we were the only one's with crazy customers. I don't have to work with customers anymore and I thank my lucky stars everyday. I used to co-own a company that had a number of services that included carpet cleaning. We would always get a call around both Christmas & Thanksgiving (day before of course)

Customer: Hi I need my carpets cleaned
Me: O.k. we have an opening next Monday.
Customer: Oh no I need them done before Holiday.
Me: Sorry we are all booked up.
Customer: But I have family coming for Holiday.

What I want to say: You idiot, did you not realize that the holiday was coming. It's not like it just got changed at the last minute?? Isn't Christmas alway Dec 25th??

What I had to say: I'm so sorry, but if we have a cancellation I would be happy to add you to my list for callbacks.
post #53 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by psjauntie View Post
I am sitting here laughing my head off, I thought we were the only one's with crazy customers. I don't have to work with customers anymore and I thank my lucky stars everyday. I used to co-own a company that had a number of services that included carpet cleaning. We would always get a call around both Christmas & Thanksgiving (day before of course)

Customer: Hi I need my carpets cleaned
Me: O.k. we have an opening next Monday.
Customer: Oh no I need them done before Holiday.
Me: Sorry we are all booked up.
Customer: But I have family coming for Holiday.

What I want to say: You idiot, did you not realize that the holiday was coming. It's not like it just got changed at the last minute?? Isn't Christmas alway Dec 25th??

What I had to say: I'm so sorry, but if we have a cancellation I would be happy to add you to my list for callbacks.

I guess I'm not the only person with customers who don't believe in scheduling in advance!!!
post #54 of 56
No mine are the exact same todays wanted his job done at 9am - he called at 10
post #55 of 56
When I worked automobile financing, we'd get calls, in December: "I can't make my car payment, because of Christmas."

Did they suddenly wake up, on December 24th and think, "Dang! Christmas! I'd better spend the car payment money on presents!"? As if Christmas was SUCH a surprise and they didn't plan ahead.

We'd also have people send in stamps and coupons, to cover part of their payments, as if those were money.
post #56 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katl8e View Post
We'd also have people send in stamps and coupons, to cover part of their payments, as if those were money.
Oh goodness Thas quite odd!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Customers!