Orijen food

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a great chat with that guy there. It's great to finally see manufacturers make a good healthy product. I was questionning the high vegetable/fruit contect on the food though...around 25%....that seems pretty high.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renny

I had a great chat with that guy there. It's great to finally see manufacturers make a good healthy product. I was questionning the high vegetable/fruit contect on the food though...around 25%....that seems pretty high.
Well it's difficult to make it much lower in a kibble form... they need to put something in to stick it all together, and I'd rather it be veggies than some crazy chemical (which some treat companies do).

I didn't expect to see you there! It was a pleasant surprise
How did you get to go?

The other thing we were looking at was The Ultimate Diet raw. It seemed really interesting, but I didn't like that there's ONLY chicken, no other meats for cats. But the formula seemed really good.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sounds good-- you might also try nayure's logic

my gizmo is thriving on this food. it uses alternate proteins like rabbit which is good for allergic cats.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vanillasugar

Well it's difficult to make it much lower in a kibble form... they need to put something in to stick it all together, and I'd rather it be veggies than some crazy chemical (which some treat companies do).

I didn't expect to see you there! It was a pleasant surprise
How did you get to go?

The other thing we were looking at was The Ultimate Diet raw. It seemed really interesting, but I didn't like that there's ONLY chicken, no other meats for cats. But the formula seemed really good.
I must have missed the ultimate diet. The Orijen food would be great...especially since Lucky has decided to refuse to eat raw again. She's driving me bonkers!!! At least with that food I wouldn't feel bad supplementing the raw.

I snuck into the expo b/c my dad and i are working on a few business ideas (partly geared to pet owners), so we brought our business cards and snuck in! It was really interesting, and nice to see that more and more pet manufacturers are waking up to the healthier food products, and all natural products.

Anything else you guys found in there that I might soon see in my neighbourhood store?