Power shopping

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For the first time, in months, Jen and I had a shopping day. Her husband left, a month ago and MY social life isn't going so well - we decided that some retail therapy was in order.

We hit Big Lots, first. I bought a cute towel set and some ballerina slippers, for the new grandbaby. Payday, I'm going back for toys for the twins - Big Lots has SUCH good bargains!

Foothills Mall was hit-and-miss. Designer Shoe Outlet was a bust - NOTHING looked good. Old Navy was better. Baby Mia is getting her very first pair of cowboy boots, for Christmas. They are tan suede pre-walkers, with pink trim and fringe down the backs. Not to forget the twins, I got them each a pair of purple rhinestone butterfly stud earrings. Claire's had them buy-2-get-one-free, so I got a pink pair for Mia. I'm sure that Sam will be getting her ears pierced, too.

I went to Ross, to buy a purple purse (my old one is pretty beat up) and a red purse. No purple ones but, I got a gorgeous red leather bag, for less than $20.

The 99-cent store was a treasure trove. I am now loaded with makeup brushes, candy, toilet paper and some Halloween treats, for the twins. The dogs now have rawhide chewies, too.

Jen bought so much stuff, that the trunk of my car was packed all the way to the back seat. With her husband gone, she's indulged herself, in a pink bed-in-a-bag: sheets, pillowcases, comforter and shams. She also got a bunch of stuff, for her four kids.

All in all, a GOOD day

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like a very good day indeed!!

I had my power shopping day yesterday at Macy's (Shop for a Cause Day). I indulged myself with clothes, but I only do that type of shopping twice a year (in early spring and early fall). I went crazy and even bought myself a designer jacket for work (Anne Klein). I don't want to see the credit card statement next week.

But, we did make a lot of money for our cause (the Humane Society), I'm stocked up on clothes for the next year, and it was a good day also.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sounds like me... but with power shopping at Petsmart for the furbabies
I love to shop for them. I hate shopping for myself, but I do like shopping for books

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Sounds like a very good day indeed!!

I had my power shopping day yesterday at Macy's (Shop for a Cause Day). I indulged myself with clothes, but I only do that type of shopping twice a year (in early spring and early fall). I went crazy and even bought myself a designer jacket for work (Anne Klein). I don't want to see the credit card statement next week.

But, we did make a lot of money for our cause (the Humane Society), I'm stocked up on clothes for the next year, and it was a good day also.
We were at Macy's yesterday in our area for that as well!

They really did have great deals!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got books, for the twins, at Barnes & Noble, too.