Requesting pics of black kittens -> adults

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey, if you have a pic of a "before and after" (like a kitten pic and a now pic) of your black cat I'd love to see them. Trying to predict what a pair of kittens will look like once they get a bit older (two black kittens popped up at the humane society just last tuesday and I might want one).

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can oblige!

Here are Muddy and Koko (and their 2 brothers) on the day that their mom was killed. They were 10 days old, we bottle fed and adopted out their brothers. Muddy (long hair male) is on the far left and Koko (short hair female) is 2nd to the right.

A little bit later, they are probably about 8 weeks old. Muddy is on the left on his back with his head towards the camera. As I was snapping this picture, all of a sudden Koko's head popped up out of nowhere.

Muddy at about 3-4 months:

On their 2nd birthday inside the tent I made them for their birthday (Muddy is on the left):

They turned 3 on April 22.

Most Humane Societies stop adopting black cats in early October thru mid November. If you are really interested in a black cat, you need to act fast!

And as you can see, when you adopt in pairs, they often remain lifelong friends. Muddy and Koko still hang out with each other even with 8 other cats in the house.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Most Humane Societies stop adopting black cats in early October thru mid November. If you are really interested in a black cat, you need to act fast!
What do you mean they STOP adopting black cats??? Do witches choose that time to try to get a black cat in time for Halloween, so their best defense it to stop putting black cats up for adoption???

I love black cats - all the black cats I've known have been beautiful cats with beautiful personalities to match. My husband has a soft spot for black cats for the same reason!

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
Originally Posted by sarahp

What do you mean they STOP adopting black cats??? Do witches choose that time to try to get a black cat in time for Halloween, so their best defense it to stop putting black cats up for adoption???

I love black cats - all the black cats I've known have been beautiful cats with beautiful personalities to match. My husband has a soft spot for black cats for the same reason!
most places stop adoping them out because unfortunately alot of people like to do really bad things to them around that time of year
. i wont even let salem go outside on his harness during that time. its a sad fact but it is soo very true.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis

most places stop adoping them out because unfortunately alot of people like to do really bad things to them around that time of year
. i wont even let salem go outside on his harness during that time. its a sad fact but it is soo very true.
I never thought of that... Our shelter goes through a fairly rigorous screening process though, and I imagine most shelters with proper procedures would be able to weed out those people who weren't wanting to adopt for the right reasons.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's Bagheera as a 5 week old kitten

Bagheera now 5 monthd old. He's not full grown yet though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha, thanks for the pics so far, the cats Bon and Jovi look kinda sleek for black kittens (for some reason a lot of the black kittens I see look kinda like they got their looks from Einstein
). I have a feeling they have some oriental or abby blood in them, they have huge ears! They have very strange colored eyes, like a milk chocolate frosty from wendy's, Jovi though definately has some orange in his eyes but it's very subtle.

Originally Posted by Momofmany

Woah! really? I've never heard of that and the shelter I went to didn't mention anything. What do they do to these cats? People will pay money just to get a cat to do bad things to it (costs like $60 per adoption)?

Haha, I'm so torn! I can't decide whether to get both these two kittens or a slightly older cat (they have this wonderful petite black cat, kinda poofy short fur).

Maybe I'll take some pics tomorrow!

catsushi62

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

Hey, if you have a pic of a "before and after" (like a kitten pic and a now pic) of your black cat I'd love to see them. Trying to predict what a pair of kittens will look like once they get a bit older (two black kittens popped up at the humane society just last tuesday and I might want one).
Here is my Sushi I know I need to make these bigger.

And Pyewacket

naturestee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love black cats!

Does a "black tabby" count? They don't always show in pictures, but Eve has some really cool ghost stripes.

Scrawny little thing at about 2 months, her first day home.

Somewhere around 3 months. She grew like lightning- one pound in her first two weeks!

This pic is from a few days ago.

I'm not sure what her weight is now but I think she's 6 pounds or so at almost 4 months old. She's bigger than Lily who's two months older.