Need Advice!!!!

mikecm6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, about 8.5 weeks ago my cat got outside while in heat and I found her the next morning with 2 boy cats on either side of her. Recently she has been showing signs of pregnacy (Larger nipples/extended belly). She has also been secreting a pinkish coloured fluid from her vagina in quite large amounts. I was getting concerned, but I thought this might be a normal pregnacy related issue, I hope it's nothing serious. Please reply soon if it is serious. p.s This is my first cat pregnacy, I need all the advice I can get!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When did she start secreting the pinkish fluid??? That sound like the first sign of labor to me. Both of my cats started "leaking" a few hours before they went into labor, but I have also heard that can happen a day or 2 before they give birth.

8.5 weeks exactly??? The gestation period for cats is 63 days(9 weeks) so I would definitely say that she is going into the first stages of labor and that you should have some kittens within a day. Most cats give birth with no complications but I would make sure to stay with her the entire time just to make sure. Do you have a birthing box ready for her??? If not than just grab a towel or 2 and wait to see where she is going to give birth and try and put the towels under her to keep her from making a mess. I guess that's all you can do for now other than trying to comfort her. I'm sure some other people will come along within the next 10 minutes to give you even better advice. Good luck!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...this is unusual. Usually people answer post very quickly. Maybe if you start this post a a new thread and rename is "Help! I think my cat is in labor!" then people will answer it faster. That would make the post seem more urgent and more interesting because everybody always wants to give their input on pregnant cats and newborn kittens.

Please do that so that you can get some answers quickly because it may be something else and there is bound to be someone here that can give you better advice than me. If you would like I could repost it for you.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh good, I didn't think anyone else would answer this post and I didn't want to say that she was in labor and be wrong.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mikecm6

Hi everyone, about 8.5 weeks ago my cat got outside while in heat and I found her the next morning with 2 boy cats on either side of her. Recently she has been showing signs of pregnacy (Larger nipples/extended belly). She has also been secreting a pinkish coloured fluid from her vagina in quite large amounts. I was getting concerned, but I thought this might be a normal pregnacy related issue, I hope it's nothing serious. Please reply soon if it is serious. p.s This is my first cat pregnacy, I need all the advice I can get!
Mike....I would set her up in a room and prepare for her to have kittens.....make sure that she is in a room that is at least 2 doors away from the outdoors as you do not want her to accidentally get outside again as she could become pregnant again. There is a really good thread below on the signs of pregnancy and the items that you should have on hand.

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80724

If the 2 males were not owned....you may want to contact a TNR group about getting them neutered.

Katie

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Has she gone into labor yet???You can tell by putting your hand on her side, keep it there for at least 3 minutes, if she is in labor you will be able to feel her abdomin tighten and form a really hard lump. It will stay that way for a few seconds and then relax.

Also, watch her if she goes to the litterbox because if this is her first litter then she may get confused, thinking it is a bowel movement, and try to give birth in the litter box.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it deffently sound's like the early stage's of labour to me , how long has she had this discharge for ? if it contuine's for more then 2 day's i would give ur vet a call just to get some advice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikecm6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for the advice, she still has not had her kittens and I will be contacting a vet soon. Her discharge has slowed down a bit, but only a bit. I woke up this morning and she was sleeping on the table, behind her a puddle of fluid. She hasn't shown any signs of labor, but her birthing box is ready and she knows where it is. I will keep you posted, so if anyone else has this problem in the future they would have a little bit of reference. I did some reseach and I found out she could be having a "False Pregnacy" but I do feel those kittens, AND hear them!. It could be that she is aborting those kittens... I hope thats not the case, but whatever is happening I hope she is allright, she is her usual self and does not seem to be in any pain at all so I'm not too worried. I hope the vet can help me out!

mizzy288

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat gave birth 5 weeks ago.
She had that pinkish discharge for 2 days before it all started,so my guess is get ready for some kittens in the next few days!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You can HEAR the kittens???

The discharge cats have before going into labor doesn't come out in puddles, it's ussually a thick discharge. It sounds like her she might have alrady given birth and maybe harmed the kitten(s). Was there any blood in the puddle? It might be a false pregnancy but if you said you could feel the kittens moving then it is a realy pregnancy. If I were you I would call a vet as soon as possible! It sound like something is wrong.