Lasik eye surgery?

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you or anyone you know gotten Lasik done? Erik and I are maybe looking into it and I'm doing research on it. I'd like all opinions, good and bad.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH had this done back in 2000 or 2001??? No problems except as he ages (he is 50) he is getting a bit farsighted? That he should really buy some reading glasses. No problems with surgery-in fact on the drive home even with those plastic things over his eyes he could see much better. The big thing is to strictly follow the instructions given esp with the eye drops!!

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My father is an ophthalmologist and several members of my family including my husband have had very successful lasik surgery! I would reccommend it to anyone!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm five years post-LASIK and went from WORSE than 20/400 to 20/20. I need drugstore readers but, I'm 48.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had mine done about 5 years ago and I'm as happy as the day I got it! best 2 grand I ever spent

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i know 2 people that have had, one is still fine,(8 years i think)
the other person is saving money to have it done again, as she is now back to wearing her glasses only 2 years after.

blah, i will stick to wearing glasses. i cant stand the idea of anyone cutting my eye.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

blah, i will stick to wearing glasses. i cant stand the idea of anyone cutting my eye.
There are new procedures, that don't require cutting the corneal flap.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

There are new procedures, that don't require cutting the corneal flap.
That part was pretty freaky! but i survived

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, the one I may be looking into getting is the PKR or PRK - lol, can't remember which. I did more research after asking this question and they don't cut your eye (which is a big thing I'm worried about) and the healing time seems a lot easier, too.

My fiancé will for sure have his covered by the Army, but we're still in the process of seeing if I can get get covered (or partially covered for it). He's been talking about it for a while and I've always been against it...but now I'm looking into it because I've heard so many good stories.