Need help a.s.a..p..cat in labor..

steph0819

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I cannot take her to a vet yet since it's so early and sunday.
My cat has been in labor since last night.
She had a pinkish tannish discharge coming from her..
and I think it was a sac with the baby that started coming out but then it went back in.
I think she is having contractions. Her stomach is doing like a wave motion and her legs are shaking.. This is her first litter and it doesn't seem as though she is putting much effort into having them. She isn't meowing a whole lot and during the contractions she has her eyes closed like she is sleeping. She will be purring but then it stops.
I don't know what to do!!!!!!

This is a picture of her from the other day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

steph0819

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
and also she seems to want my siamese cat with her..
but I am not letting her in with her bc I know that she should be alone and not distracted by other animals.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is she pushing hard and not producing a kitten? How long has she been pushing and not producing a kitten? If it has been more than one hour, then an emergency vet is needed now.

As for having the Siamese with her ... is the Siamese male and if so, is he the father of these kittens? If not, and the Siamese is up-to-date on vaccines, it might calm and relax your girl to have the Siamese nearby ... but you know your cats the best - do you think the Siamese would hurt the babies?

steph0819

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

Is she pushing hard and not producing a kitten? How long has she been pushing and not producing a kitten? If it has been more than one hour, then an emergency vet is needed now.

As for having the Siamese with her ... is the Siamese male and if so, is he the father of these kittens? If not, and the Siamese is up-to-date on vaccines, it might calm and relax your girl to have the Siamese nearby ... but you know your cats the best - do you think the Siamese would hurt the babies?
She isn't pushing hard really. She is talking to me but not crying. This started at about 1 a.m. She pushed what seemed to be a kitten almost halfway out then it went back in.. The siamese is female and no I don't think she would hurt the babies. SHe acts as a mother to my pregnant cat. She always has.

Emergency vets will not see me unless I can pay them atleast 100 dollars up front and unfortunately right now I don't have that kind of money. They told me not to bother coming in if I can't make a payment before they see her.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK ... the first thing I always tell expectant new meowmmys is to remember to breathe ... when things get stressful, we sometimes forget to do that. *smile*

If your girl isn't straining hard without producing a kitten, then let things progress normally for a while and see how it goes. The comments you've made about a sac being halfway expelled and then going back in are somewhat alarming - I have never had that happen with one of mine. But if your girl isn't stressed out or isn't panting, crying in pain or otherwise in distress, then just watch closely for now. But if she begins straining hard without producing anything, then money or no money, she needs a vet. Beg, borrow or steal (figuratively spoken of course) what you can and make sure she is seen as soon as you possibly can. I realize that money is often an issue, but one of the most important parts of responsible cat care is making sure you have a plan in the event of an emergency. If money is an issue for you right now and it sounds like it is, you might want to check out Care Credit - http://www.carecredit.com - to see if you can make some arrangements in case you need to get her in to a vet in a hurry.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are the contractions one right after the other or are they a minute or 2 apart??? Cats can have contraction for a couple hours before they actually give birth, but if the contractions are one right after the other and there are no babies yet then you should find a vet or humane society(sometimes they have vets on staff) that you can take her to that would be willing to help you. My cat started labor at about 11-12pm and didn't give birth to the first kitten til about 3-4 am.

steph0819

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got woken up to a kitten meowing!!!!!!!
One kitten so far.
She didn't eat the sac though.
I disposed of it.
She wasn't in her nesting place I made for her either.
She was on the bathroom floor.

steph0819

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
2nd one passed away!

All his insides were out...
ever heard of that?

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes heard of that it happend to one of our one's was terrible to see keep an eye on her

steph0819

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am keeping a close eye on her.
in the meantime these were taken last night.

steph0819

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

RIP sweet darling....
He would have looked just like the mother.

The other kitten is like grey and black striped.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just one? She may still have more. My had her 1st kittens at 10pm, 2nd at 4 am, and 3rd and 4th by 6 am. Soooo, she may have more throughout the day. I think I remember someone else post something about their cat having a kittens 2 days later!

Anyways, they baby is adorable!

steph0819

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by TortieBaby

Just one? She may still have more. My had her 1st kittens at 10pm, 2nd at 4 am, and 3rd and 4th by 6 am. Soooo, she may have more throughout the day. I think I remember someone else post something about their cat having a kittens 2 days later!

Anyways, they baby is adorable!
well she had 2 but one passed..
she is going to have more..
i can still feel one or two kicking around..
but shes not too exhausted or anything.
shes taking it real good.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear she's taking it well. Be sure to keep us posted. Just don't freak out if she doesn't have them right away. A lot of times cats like to take naps in between kittens.

steph0819

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am just excited.
Another kitten.
3 total so far.
She is just going really slow.
She had the first one at 4:00 this morning. (9/18/06).
The second one was born with his insides out and he passed away.
and the third one was just born.
I think she has more coming!!

camillab

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Cat went into labour today too!!!
She also started at 4:00am....she had 4 between the hours of 5:15 and 8:30...I had to leave for work, but we were 99.9% sure there were no more. But anyway congratulations on the kittens - how did it all go?
X
camilla

steph0819

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by CamillaB

My Cat went into labour today too!!!
She also started at 4:00am....she had 4 between the hours of 5:15 and 8:30...I had to leave for work, but we were 99.9% sure there were no more. But anyway congratulations on the kittens - how did it all go?
X
camilla
congrats!
The first one ended up passing away last night..
the second passed away..
and the third is very active already.