I'm so upset!

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for two years. So far, absolutley nothing. My brother got married and they were trying NOT to get pregnant, and sure enough, SIL is pregnant! I'm really jealous. I'm trying hard not to be, but it is very hard when you want something so bad. We started seeing a doctor, and they are running tests to find out if I am even ovulating. I told them that I am sure I am, because in the middle of the month I get headachy, crampy, and I even have one of those ovulense things that you spit on that tells when I am ovulating. The doctor told me that I could just be TRYING to ovulate and having the symptoms, but not really doing it. I am keeping a temperature chart and I was sure that we had a chance this month, but this morning I started my period and it's a week and a half early!
This is getting really frusterating. It seems like everyone that I know is getting pregnant but me.
I'm not getting any younger either. I can't really talk to my family about it because they are all so excited with my brother's new baby coming and they say I'm just jealous. YES I am jealous! I want a baby so bad I can taste it. There! Now that I got that out of my system I feel MUCH better.
Sometimes it just feels good to get things off of your chest.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Of course, you are having a hard time with this. I'm so sorry that it isn't working out for you right now. Sending you comforting vibes so you can brave through the tests.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry about this because I know exactly how you feel. I went through the same thing and you want to be happy for other people but when they get pregnant at the drop of a hat it hurts like you have been stabbed in the gut.
If you want to talk you can pm me.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh honey, I am so sorry.
I hope that you'll be able to have a child, I really do.
please know that we're here for you. you'll be in my thoughts.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wishing you all the luck you need

Just to let you know, a guy and his wife had been trying for 3 years, and after seeing the doctors they had 2 kids back to back. So seeing the doctor and doing the tests may really help.

once again i am hopping it works out for you. hug!!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending tons and tons of {{{ get-preggers-soon prayers and vibes}}}
My brother and his wife had to do the scientific route to get their first 2 boys and their 3rd child was a surprise pregnancy over 5 years later
And baby #3 was a much yearned for daughter!! And my sister did invitro-fertilization and had her first baby at 46 years old!
I wish you success very soon because having you for a mommy will be such a blessing for any child

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bijou's Mom

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for two years. So far, absolutley nothing. My brother got married and they were trying NOT to get pregnant, and sure enough, SIL is pregnant! I'm really jealous. I'm trying hard not to be, but it is very hard when you want something so bad. We started seeing a doctor, and they are running tests to find out if I am even ovulating. I told them that I am sure I am, because in the middle of the month I get headachy, crampy, and I even have one of those ovulense things that you spit on that tells when I am ovulating. The doctor told me that I could just be TRYING to ovulate and having the symptoms, but not really doing it. I am keeping a temperature chart and I was sure that we had a chance this month, but this morning I started my period and it's a week and a half early!
This is getting really frusterating. It seems like everyone that I know is getting pregnant but me.
I'm not getting any younger either. I can't really talk to my family about it because they are all so excited with my brother's new baby coming and they say I'm just jealous. YES I am jealous! I want a baby so bad I can taste it. There! Now that I got that out of my system I feel MUCH better.
You want one of mine? They are housebroken!

Sorry, bad joke... must be the cold medicine again...

I'm sorry this is happening. My sister had the same problem after she had my nephew. She tried for 10 years... nothin... Just when she gave up... Along came Zack!
Things happen in mysterious ways!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know this may sound stupid, but stop trying!!My Sister tried for 6 years and didn't get pg.The month they said forget it, she got pg.You get your body all stressed out wanting a baby so bad, that your body doesn't handle that stress really good.Therefore, you start yours.
I've given this advice to a few others..........so I'll repost this
This is from my Gyn and has been proven twice for me
I was on BCPs and took the first week of them.I took the first 1 to 2 of the second week and stopped taking them.I got pg 2 times with this method.The first time, I got pg 2 days after going off them.The last time, it was the DAY that I stopped.
Alot of people think that being intimate with your partner EVERY night is the answer,it's NOT!!! You need to wait every OTHER day to rebuild "things".
I wish you LOTS of luck and pray that God blesses you with a healthy happy baby SOON!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I understand EXACTLY how you feel sweetie! Exactly...I know how upsetting it can be. I'm at a point in my life where I really want to settle down and start a family.....and although I'm happy for those around me who are having children and getting married..it depresses me a little bit...not because i'm in "competition with them"....because that's something I sincerly want and pray for in my life....and it has yet to happen. I know what you're going through. Keep your chin up...things happen in life for a reason....it may take a while for you...but when it happens, you will appreciate it even more! I know i will. You're in my prayers sweetie- I understand...please feel free to pm me if you want to talk.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I know this may sound stupid, but stop trying!!My Sister tried for 6 years and didn't get pg.The month they said forget it, she got pg.You get your body all stressed out wanting a baby so bad, that your body doesn't handle that stress really good.Therefore, you start yours.
I've given this advice to a few others..........so I'll repost this
This is from my Gyn and has been proven twice for me
I was on BCPs and took the first week of them.I took the first 1 to 2 of the second week and stopped taking them.I got pg 2 times with this method.The first time, I got pg 2 days after going off them.The last time, it was the DAY that I stopped.
Alot of people think that being intimate with your partner EVERY night is the answer,it's NOT!!! You need to wait every OTHER day to rebuild "things".
I wish you LOTS of luck and pray that God blesses you with a healthy happy baby SOON!!!
I've heard from 5 other couples that this method works!!! They did the same thing with their pills and got pregnant that way.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One quick thing - you had your period 1 1/2 weeks EARLY? Not to be too gross - was it really dark? Or a little less than usual? I had a period in a strange time and it turned out that it was implantation bleeding.

Vibes for you to get pregnant at the perfect time ((())) and hugs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bijou's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww....Thanks guys! You all have really cheered me up!
It's nice knowing that there are people who care. I'm glad that I have someone other than my family to talk about all of this stuff. My period is pretty light which is strange, but I'm going to the doctors on monday for more tests so I'll be sure to ask. I never even thought about inplantation....Thanks again guys....I'll keep you posted!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was it really light pink?And just a bit of it?
If so, don't get upset just yet!!!! Sounds as if you MIGHT just be pg!!!
That's what happened to me the first time I got pg.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck to you! I hope the testing turns out well and that are you able to concieve soon. Keep up with the charting!! It's amazing the things you will learn about your body through charting- ie ovulation, luteal phase defects, etc. Check out "The Art of Natural Family Planning" if you haven't already, or "Taking Charge of your Fertility". Both use the symptothermal method of family planning, which is really helpful when you are trying to determine fertility and gyn problems.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrgirl

Good luck to you! I hope the testing turns out well and that are you able to concieve soon. Keep up with the charting!! It's amazing the things you will learn about your body through charting- ie ovulation, luteal phase defects, etc. Check out "The Art of Natural Family Planning" if you haven't already, or "Taking Charge of your Fertility". Both use the symptothermal method of family planning, which is really helpful when you are trying to determine fertility and gyn problems.
I was just going to suggest Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Several of my friends had great luck after reading it and learning more about their bodies and cycles. Good luck!
I hope you'll have good news to announce soon.

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mention your bleeding to your doctor and have them draw a blood hcg test. It'll tell you if you're preggy or not. Also, you say you chart your temp? Is it still up or did it dip? Good luck. I know how hard and frustrating this can be. A lot of women have walked in your shoes (including me).

Hugs!
Chrissy

(OH! Have you had hubby checked? If his "swimmers" are perfectly fine, you can do the deed once a day with no problems. You only do it every other day when his "guys" are low.)

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Awww....Thanks guys! You all have really cheered me up!
It's nice knowing that there are people who care. I'm glad that I have someone other than my family to talk about all of this stuff. My period is pretty light which is strange, but I'm going to the doctors on monday for more tests so I'll be sure to ask. I never even thought about inplantation....Thanks again guys....I'll keep you posted!
Oooh! YAY! I LOOVE it when TCS makes people feel better! We're like our own little group of supporters. It's amazing. I sure do love you guys.

I hope that you get pregnant soon. It'll be so amazing when you do. It's a miracle. It'll happen. I have that feeling about it. And soon. If you're not already...It'll happen soon enough.

Please please keep us updated.

(I had implantation bleeding too, and it was VERY light.)

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Excuse me??

Are you saying that when its light pink then youre pg???

No way?
My last period has been awfully messed up, it lasted 7 days (is very unsual for me) and it was very light pink, just one day it was DARK!) and it was mostly spotting untill the dark part and then it was light pink till the end!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm also thinking that while you are going through the testing, it might be helpful to learn meditation to help you relax and get through it with less stress. Also, concentrate on making your diet as healthy as possible for both you and your baby.