Anya Is Ruining My Screen

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even with her soft claws on, Anya has discovered that she can rip into the japanese style screen that I have in my dining area covered up a few things in the corner. It now looks like this in several places.

She gets up on her hind legs and just DIGS on it with her front paws. Not so much like she's sharpening, but like she's trying to burrow through it.

I can tell her no and give her a time out in the bathroom but then 20 minutes after she's back at it again. Is there a way to make her stop or should I just consider the screen as ruined / Anya's property now??

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i hate to break it to ya. . . .i just think she thinks it's her toy. stoli is the same way. i don't think you can spray bitter apple on it and i don't think you can put sticky paws on it. you can either let her rip it and let it become 'art nouveau' or put it away for a while.

ren

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'd try those things then just throw my hands up in defeat - after all stoli is king.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
How old is she? You might get away with putting it away for a few months and then reintroducing it when she gets older. There are things that Lucy would not leave alone when she was younger but now don't interest her.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a lamp made out of that same material that Zissou left alone for months and months and then suddenly destroyed like it was her mortal enemy.

I think there's something about the papery ripping feeling.

My advice would be to get some canvass and replace the paper on the screen so she can't destroy it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

How old is she? You might get away with putting it away for a few months and then reintroducing it when she gets older. There are things that Lucy would not leave alone when she was younger but now don't interest her.
She's about four months. But the thing is behind the screen are a few boxes full of things that we don't have storage for, and that she really doesn'y need either. I'll probably try getting the air gun or the penny trick. Thanks guys!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I had a lamp made out of that same material that Zissou left alone for months and months and then suddenly destroyed like it was her mortal enemy.

I think there's something about the papery ripping feeling.

My advice would be to get some canvass and replace the paper on the screen so she can't destroy it.
If it comes down to it that may be what I do. Now that you mention it it would be pretty with a heavier duty colored fabric. Hmmmm...

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

If it comes down to it that may be what I do. Now that you mention it it would be pretty with a heavier duty colored fabric. Hmmmm...
A chance to redecorate
. That is what Anya's trying to tell you. White is so boring.