Advice about after care of stray neutered cat

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a "stray" cat that has been hanging around my house (don't live in it yet) for at least 3 years now. He was obviously someone's cat at one time.....he's much too friendly. Well, I'm pretty sure that he now thinks he owns me.
I've finally decided to take him in to be neutered. We have an appointment next Friday. My plan is to lock him in my garage on Thursday night, then swing by my house before work on Friday morning to pick him up for his surgery. When I go to do work on my house after I get out of my regular job, he is sometimes not around. I'm hoping that he is there this coming Thursday so that I CAN lock him in the garage. Anyway, my question is this. Once I pick him up late Friday afternoon after his surgery and bring him back to my house, should I lock him back up in the garage until Saturday morning or should I just let him out?

naturestee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd keep him inside. While you're at it, could you keep him inside permanently? It would be a good time to start.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Naturestee

I'd keep him inside. While you're at it, could you keep him inside permanently? It would be a good time to start.
No, I can't keep him inside. If I could, I would have done so already. I already have 3 indoor cats.....and when I do move into my house, there is no way on this earth that my male would tolerate another male cat, yet alone a strange one. He's got some major behavioral issues that don't seem to be going away anytime soon.