Pooping Cat

tremblinblustar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have three cats. Recently, I come home to find little presents left for me on my bed, on my clothes and on my couch.

Why does he do that? There have been times where he even does it in front of me. He stops for a few months and doesn't do it again. But recently he has been doing it every day!!!

Help. I have had to wash my bedding every day this week.

loraandjeff

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry this is happening Tremlin...

How may boxes do you have? (Rule of thumb is one per cat)

And

How frequently are they cleaned? (at least daily, some cats won't go in a soile box so you might need more than the minimum boxes - but that's RARE).

You say "why does he do that" - Out of 3 cats, does that mean you know which one is doing it? You need to tell us a little more about the background of your kitties - are any new to the house? Were they raised together?

When you say "presents"...I'm assuming poop, but is it pee? - If it's pee, it could be a UTI.

Lora

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by loraandjeff

I'm sorry this is happening Tremlin...

How may boxes do you have? (Rule of thumb is one per cat)

And

How frequently are they cleaned? (at least daily, some cats won't go in a soile box so you might need more than the minimum boxes - but that's RARE).

You say "why does he do that" - Out of 3 cats, does that mean you know which one is doing it? You need to tell us a little more about the background of your kitties - are any new to the house? Were they raised together?

When you say "presents"...I'm assuming poop, but is it pee? - If it's pee, it could be a UTI.

Lora
very good advice. I'd like to add in there a vet visit too. You want to make sure that this problem is not medically related.