Who should go first?

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have two kittens, one male and one female, that are almost 4 months old. I am having some money issues and I need to get at least one fixed very soon. I know the male is cheaper but is that really the best one to get fixed first health wise?

I need to get them done soon as I sure don't want them mating. What is your best suggestions/experiance?

I have other cats but they are all neutered and spayed so the little guys are my only worry right now.

Thanks

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the male might start spraying soon. But it would be better IMO to get the female done first. She could get out and get pregnant very easily. Most cats are very good at escaping when in heat. So I would do the female.

animalhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm Yeah I am going through that now too, Tring to decide which of the babys I can fix .. I have 2 males, which are cheaper, But I know if the females dont get fixed, they will be getting prego more then likely.. so.. I dunno

shelleybik

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
spay the girl first,as males can still impregnate a girl cat upto a month after they are nutered,hope that helps

malena

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Talk with your vet. I did yesterday. We have five cats that need to be fixed fairly the same time and seven cats that need to be ship-marked and vaccinated. The vet give us a good price if I bring them all together and he let us pay it in two parts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Malena

Talk with your vet. I did yesterday. We have five cats that need to be fixed fairly the same time and seven cats that need to be ship-marked and vaccinated. The vet give us a good price if I bring them all together and he let us pay it in two parts.
Well I go through a low cost spay/neuter place that we buy a certificate from. Bob would be $28 and Penelope will be $45 with shots reduced to $10 each so that is a pretty good deal in itself. I used to go through Friends of Animals but Valley Save-a-pet is local so maybe that is why they are cheaper and our vet accepts their certificates so I don't have to go to a strange vet.

What is ship-marked? I never heard of that before.