Tips living as a single?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must be looking in the wrong place on google as i dont get much info
or maybe im typing in the wrong words?

anyway!
Time is flying by really quickly and the date is approaching nearer and nearer.

do you have any tips on when to clean and cook??
I presume i will start working soon, and after a long day at work, i would like to come home and whip up something quick.

But i know that i will need a day a week to cook everything and stick it in the freezer.
Who uses this method? If so what kind of packaging should i use to freeze my food? and how long does prepared food last for in the freezer?

How often do you clean your apartment or house?

Do you think i should set up a time table to do something every night?? or should i take a day of the week to clean up the whole apartments?

Do you have any advice or tips for someone who is living alone??

I know i know i will always lock my door when i am home alone!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This will be a really exciting time for you Fran...I loved living by myself.. there is so much freedom.

For meals I highly recommend a crock pot. I put everything into it the night before and in the morning turned it on low.

As far as cleaning, I tried my best to clean up a little bit everyday (or else you spend your whole weekend cleaning
) I did save the big stuff like washing the floors and scrubbing the tub for Saturdays.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

This will be a really exciting time for you Fran...I loved living by myself.. there is so much freedom.

For meals I highly recommend a crock pot. I put everything into it the night before and in the morning turned it on low.

As far as cleaning, I tried my best to clean up a little bit everyday (or else you spend your whole weekend cleaning
) I did save the big stuff like washing the floors and scrubbing the tub for Saturdays.
I have looked for a crockpot EVERYWHERE!! and i just cannot find it!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recommend cleaning when you can. A little everynight is easiest that way your weekends are free for heavy cleaning and relaxation.

Crockpots are wonderful for cooking a quick meal in. Its ready when you get home!!
Also chicken to stick in the oven and frozen or canned veggies are great!

Try looking for the words Slow Cooker online.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I have looked for a crockpot EVERYWHERE!! and i just cannot find it!!
Maybe they aren't very popular in Germany
Could you order one online?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am thinking of doing so once i have more money!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss living by myself!

Some weeks I do a little each night and others I leave it until the weekend - it really depends how busy I am and how much needs to be cleaned.

As far as meals - I tend to cook something simple each night, baked chicken etc and then cook bigger meals and freeze in plastic containers (lasagne etc) then on the weekend we just have the longer cooking time meals.