A New ( Cat) Game..

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
played at night! Ellie started it - she always has to find the highest point in any room, and she is very agile, so she managed to jump from my bedside table onto the wardrobe, around six feet vertically and two horizontally. As there is a soft zip-bag of spare bedding up there, she liked sleeping up there sometimes. Then Napoleon decided he might try it too, followed by Wellington and Persil. BUT, the way down is not back to the table, but onto my bed, which if I am sleeping in it means onto me. I have been woken several times with not just one, but two or three cats thumping onto my body at 3 AM. The funny thing is, they try to avoid jumping on any other cats who might be on the bed, but have no problems landing on my back or (worse) my stomach. I may have to rearrange the bedroom!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I recognise that game, Jenny! Ever so fun, isn't it?

At the flat, Tibby and Molly used to be jumping up and down from the wardrobe throughout the night - onto my tummy too! The worst one was when Tibby decided to use my face as a spring board onto the wardrobe - ouch and a large back claw scratch across my head!

Luckily they haven't played that in the house, but Willow will walk along the CD racks above my head and plop onto my chest or tummy!

Makes you realise just how much of an inconvenience we are when there are good games to play!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Oh yes, that scenario sounds all too familiar

We have a fireplace next to the bed and the worst is when they jump off that onto your bladder

I had a Nismo bolting across my head in the night last night, I remember it being encorporated into my dream, the sound of them running around like lunatics.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For this reason i stuck their old cat tree next to the waldrobe!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Jenny, there's nothing worse than being dive bombed by a kitty in the middle of the night!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dont you just love cats! LOL I'm glad only Lily is allowed in my room. Every time I fall asleep on the couch I wake up to Kitten and Bagheera bouncing off me.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, Java's the only major jumper i have & she does jump from the tall cat tree to the bed, but she doesn't jump on top of me - she has really good aim!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds like a fun game! Jamie waits until Robert is sleeping on the couch, and then jumps down from his cat tree on to his stomach.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Whiskey's new game is to, as soon as I lay down, walk from the foot of the bed, up my right side, around my head and down my left side, just to go back to the same spot! As my hair is longer now, I have to make sure it's under my head.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bakker has a new game too!! While I am bending over weeding he will come out of no where and jump on my back!! The first time he did this it scared the crap out of me!!! Now I kinda expect it.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

The funny thing is, they try to avoid jumping on any other cats who might be on the bed, but have no problems landing on my back or (worse) my stomach.
It goes to show, cats consider us soft, comfy furniture!