Why Do I Only Like the EXPENSIVE things?

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know how in magazines they'll have a page of purses or a page of shoes that are all similar? The one I like the best is ALWAYS the most expensive one, without fail!!! So frustrating!

I've been looking for a new pair of black ankle boots, and I wanted a rounder toe, a heel that's not too thin, not too chunky, and some sort of unique detailing on it so that it doesn't look like all the other boots everyone wears.

I found my dream boots on Zappos.com-- can't afford them. $185!!! I just paid off all my credit cards and can't bring myself to charge them. I could pay it off in a month, probably...but that's why credit cards are evil and created by satan himself.

So, either I need to somehow develop "cheaper" taste, or find myself a sugar daddy!! Heck, my husband probably wouldn't care: then he wouldn't have to support my expensive taste! LOL!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

You know how in magazines they'll have a page of purses or a page of shoes that are all similar? The one I like the best is ALWAYS the most expensive one, without fail!!! So frustrating!

I've been looking for a new pair of black ankle boots, and I wanted a rounder toe, a heel that's not too thin, not too chunky, and some sort of unique detailing on it so that it doesn't look like all the other boots everyone wears.

I found my dream boots on Zappos.com-- can't afford them. $185!!! I just paid off all my credit cards and can't bring myself to charge them. I could pay it off in a month, probably...but that's why credit cards are evil and created by satan himself.

So, either I need to somehow develop "cheaper" taste, or find myself a sugar daddy!! Heck, my husband probably wouldn't care: then he wouldn't have to support my expensive taste! LOL!!
Ebay, Grasshopper, Ebay!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought my $218 retail price coach checkbook wallet for $73!!
Did you go to DSW or TJ Maxx to see what they have!!
I agree on picking out the pricy stuff-We have been wanting a tripod grill for the firepit-a sturdy one We checked locally and then on the internet-I did find one yesterday and bought it but it was twice the cost of any that I had seen!! But its hand forged in Wisconsin so that's ok!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seem to pick the most expensive stuff too! I think the being women we are born to pick the expensive things!!
I find great shoes on ebay! I got a cute pair for like 6 buck with shipping!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too am the same way
. Just last night i was looking through the catalog from The Lily Garden. As I want to add some Oriental and Trumpet Lillys to my new garden this fall. And of course everyone that caught my eye would be one that was $25.00 per bulb
.. The cheaper ones Just didn't do it for me! When I told hubby the price he said your nuts
. I'm so glad I have that rainy day money stashed away

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am the exact same way.
Right now I am wanting $98 boots and a $48 sweater from Victoria's Secret...I guess that's not TOO bad but it's a lot when you add shipping. So I'm going to sit here thinking about them for a few days/weeks until I finally give in and order them! I also have a very bad thing for Coach purses...I've bought a few at their outlet stores but it still puts you back a few. My savings account could be so much higher!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I shop at Ross. I've gotten Steve Madden shoes, for $12 and a $200 designer suit, for $20. Can't beat that place!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the same problem
I've always wanted a Coach bag, or a Dooney and Burke - I found my DREAM Dooney & Burke bag the other day.... looked @ the price tag - $235!!
I wouldn't dare spend that on one, I'm searching online for a cheaper one

My friend just bought a new Coach bag.... $650! I was like OMG, thats 2 car payments!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I have the same problem
I've always wanted a Coach bag, or a Dooney and Burke - I found my DREAM Dooney & Burke bag the other day.... looked @ the price tag - $235!!
I wouldn't dare spend that on one, I'm searching online for a cheaper one

My friend just bought a new Coach bag.... $650! I was like OMG, thats 2 car payments!
WOW! I have 4 Coach bags and the most expensive one was $169. That one was medium-sized and the others are small. They are all from their outlet stores. I would love a larger bag though.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never buy expensive stuff because I know I can't afford it. I have a bag from Saks Fifth Avenue that I got a few years ago but it was only $20 (somehow). The most expensive thing I own is a bell expressvu pvr (satellite receiver). They cost $600, but I got it for free.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

WOW! I have 4 Coach bags and the most expensive one was $169. That one was medium-sized and the others are small. They are all from their outlet stores. I would love a larger bag though.
I know - her's is huge
I want a Coach or Dooney & Burke SO bad!
I shouldn't even go look at them - I always get sad

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I know - her's is huge
I want a Coach or Dooney & Burke SO bad!
I shouldn't even go look at them - I always get sad
Maybe you can save up...or get your bf (John right?) to get you one for the holidays

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
my addiction is Birkenstocks... sadly, i have 6 pairs of birkenstock sandals plus a pair of birkenstock clogs... & i want more! they say admitting you have a problem is the first step...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

did you know you can 'save' the boots on a favorites list, & keep checking back to see when/if they go on sale?

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've never gone for expensive things, I think growing up money was so tight and my parents struggled, and I think it's been passed onto me to be careful with money, and not only that I'm also one of those who buy when needed, I love to buy and give to people, but feel guilty to spend on myself...I'm just odd

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fav shoes are Cole-Haan!! A couple weeks ago I picked up yet another pair (not worn yet) at TJ Maxx!! I would like a pair of Todd's though-my sis picked up a pair at Sak's off 5th or Neiman marcus outlet(?) but they were still pretty $$$, but oh so comfy!!! I think I'm to the point I wld have have less but betther quality!! (though I did but 2 pairs of shoes at TJ Maxx)
I would check Dooney and Burke purses on ebay though!!