A little friend.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A little friend came to visit just a few minutes ago. She is someone I see around the neighborhood alot. She has orange and white striped hair and is absolutely georgous!
The she I'm refering to is an orange tabby cat. She's owned by someone I think on the next block because I see her lounging in a yard at the end of the alley everytime I leave for work.
This is the first time I've ever had her come up to my door looking for treats. She is very well fed, she's almost I'd say 15 pounds, and has a flea collar on
. Not sure what good that'll do for her since I've never seen her in a house since she's been wandering around here. I really wanted to bring her inside and at the very least snip off that flea collar, oh who am I kidding, I wanted to keep her! But I'd wonder if her owners would wonder what happened to her or not. SO I brought her out some food and went back inside to finish cleaning the litter boxes, when I came out with the second one, she was gone. She didn't eat much, but maybe she'll come back for more later. She's very friendly which makes me nervous in our neighborhood, because I don't know how she will be treated by others around here. I hope she goes home and stays there. Now I'm going to wonder where she went and if she's ok. I think if I see her again in the morning sometime, I'll try and snip off that flea collar (hopefully she won't bite me) or maybe try and find her owners and send them some Advantage without them knowing who it was from.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

A little friend came to visit just a few minutes ago. She is someone I see around the neighborhood alot. She has orange and white striped hair and is absolutely georgous!
The she I'm refering to is an orange tabby cat. She's owned by someone I think on the next block because I see her lounging in a yard at the end of the alley everytime I leave for work.
This is the first time I've ever had her come up to my door looking for treats. She is very well fed, she's almost I'd say 15 pounds, and has a flea collar on
. Not sure what good that'll do for her since I've never seen her in a house since she's been wandering around here. I really wanted to bring her inside and at the very least snip off that flea collar, oh who am I kidding, I wanted to keep her! But I'd wonder if her owners would wonder what happened to her or not. SO I brought her out some food and went back inside to finish cleaning the litter boxes, when I came out with the second one, she was gone. She didn't eat much, but maybe she'll come back for more later. She's very friendly which makes me nervous in our neighborhood, because I don't know how she will be treated by others around here. I hope she goes home and stays there. Now I'm going to wonder where she went and if she's ok. I think if I see her again in the morning sometime, I'll try and snip off that flea collar (hopefully she won't bite me) or maybe try and find her owners and send them some Advantage without them knowing who it was from.
How sweet. But you should know that really, most people don't know that OTC flea collars and medicines are bad. They think they're doing the right thing. We used to be worried about our cat that went outside and were worried about ticks and Lyme disease. Anyway, maybe find out who her owner is and go over and say, "Oh my gosh, I just found this out about flea collars..." etc. etc.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I put a flea collar on Shasta the day after I got her. She was 7 weeks old. I didn't know any better. It did irritate her neck. I soon learned. Maybe these people also don't know any better and would be grateful for some gentle education. Can you find out where she lives and talk with her human(s)? Your little friend sounds like a sweetie.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I put a flea collar on Shasta the day after I got her. She was 7 weeks old. I didn't know any better. It did irritate her neck. I soon learned. Maybe these people also don't know any better and would be grateful for some gentle education. Can you find out where she lives and talk with her human(s)? Your little friend sounds like a sweetie.
Yes, I think they are misguided, but their hearts are definitely in the right place.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the idea of clipping off the flea collar. Most people don't know that flea collars are bad for cats. She sounds like such a sweet cat, too bad she runs loose like that - sending {{{protection prayers and vibes}}} out to your new little friend. Susan

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But, if you clip off the fela collar, the owners may just go and get another and replace it.And that may REALLY irrate her neck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

But, if you clip off the fela collar, the owners may just go and get another and replace it.And that may REALLY irrate her neck.
well, I was thinking about replacing it with a spare collar from here. then if I see her again, I'll definately know who she is and I can slip them some Advantage in their mailbox, or something like that. Oh how i wish I knew who she belonged to.
Unfortunately in this town, it's more the dog town and if you have a cat, they're second on the chain behind the dog.
I hope she is ok, she never came back last night. I checked the food and DH scattered it when he left for work. (it's right in the way of the garage and I kind of forgot to tell him
) Oh well, maybe she'll make a return trip tonight. She's so beautiful. My first cat was an orange tabby but was male. He was killed by a car in front of our house.
Maybe that's why I am more worried about her. I don't know. I think I checked outside 5 times to see if she came back last night. Does this make me strange??

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, Barb, your little friend sounds lovely!

Maybe if you can give her one of your spare collars, you could put a little note on to say that she's been visiting you and you wanted to know where she lives so you can bring her back!
It would also give you a chance to speak to them about the Advantage!