Spotlight Of The Week - neetanddave!!!!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
eetanddave is this week's Spotlight of the Week!

Neet has graciously accepted the "honour" of being spotlighted! Just kidding...........
........I loved my turn! Anyway, be kind to Neet - she's moving shortly! She has promised to give interesting responses to your question!!!!!!!! I'll start the inquisition!!!!!!!

Neet!

Where were you born?

Is it true that your ancestors were gnomes?

What do you do for a living?

Do you have any children other than gnomes and cats?

Just how many gnomes do you have, anyway?

Is it true that you and your gnome-crazy friends crashed my house when I was in Ottawa and had a wild party with my cats?

Do you really know the Waltrip boys?

Why has your new neighbourhood called an emergency meeting after discovering your home purchase to declare the area "gnome-free" and to raise the speed limit to 110 mph?

Enjoy your week!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on the nomination Neet!!! Here are my questions and enjoy your week!!

1. Do you like reality tv?

2. What was your first pet?

3. Do you like nuts?

4. Are you modern or traditional, or a mixture of both?

5. Are you married and if so, how did you meet your spouse?

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on being spotlight member of the week!!

I know that you are in the aviation industry as well so here are my questions

- What part of the aviation industry are you involved in?
- How did you get involved in that type of work?

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh, Neet!! We're going to have some good ol' fun with you!

Enjoy your week!

How many cats do you have? Will Dave let you get more when you move?

What is the biggest garden disaster you have ever had?

Have you ever had weeds grow into tomatoes?

Are you better at keeping outdoor plants or indoor plants alive?

Tell us something we wouldn't guess about you!

What has been your most embarasssing moment?

What is the most recent thing you've had to fob off on someone?

Do you have any plans of where you'll be putting the house warming gnomes I'm sending you? (and no, you can't give them to maggiesgranny!!
)

That will do for now, but I will be back!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, here goes...

Originally Posted by LokisMum

Neet!

Where were you born? Gettysburg PA, although my Southern drawl would not give you a clue to that.

Is it true that your ancestors were gnomes? No, they were actually leprechauns. That's why I love gardening, all that green stuff turns me on.

What do you do for a living? I'm the Technical Librarian/Tool Manager for a aircraft maintenance Company. I make sure the mechanics have the proper data and tools to do their jobs. Needless to say, working with a bunch of men who act like boys makes for an interesting day.

Do you have any children other than gnomes and cats? We have a son who's 25, and we lost our daughter 4 years ago in an auto accident.
Please don't get all sad on me. One of life's worst lessons that some of us have to learn, but we are stronger people than to let it get us down.

Just how many gnomes do you have, anyway? None.
I swear. I have none.

Is it true that you and your gnome-crazy friends crashed my house when I was in Ottawa and had a wild party with my cats? Uh..... NO. It was not me. I was nowhere around. BTW, that green stain on your ceiling is margarita. Karen left the lid off the blender once. Nice green fountain!

Do you really know the Waltrip boys? I know Michael, from the business I work in. I actually know a number of the NASCAR drivers and team members, as most of them have airplanes that we work on.

Why has your new neighbourhood called an emergency meeting after discovering your home purchase to declare the area "gnome-free" and to raise the speed limit to 110 mph?
Chickens. Scared of a few little gnomes.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! This is kinda fun, but I might change my mind before it is over...

Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

1. Do you like reality tv? YES! I love Survivor, actually got to meet Big Tom and Lex a few years ago.
I like Rockstar as well, and sometimes American Idol.

2. What was your first pet? A little Chihauaha/Feist mix named Frenchie. Had her for most of my childhood.

3. Do you like nuts? Well, I am one, so YES!

4. Are you modern or traditional, or a mixture of both? Hmmm... in my values and beliefs, traditional. Actions and abilities, modern.

5. Are you married and if so, how did you meet your spouse? Yes, that's where the "Dave" in my name comes from. I think we are really just one person, our friends refer to us as "neet and dave" like we are blended together.

We met at work. Five weeks and 3 days later, we were married and have been together since. Only spent maybe 4 night apart the whole time.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Tracy! Congrats on your marriage!

Originally Posted by Miss Mew

Congratulations on being spotlight member of the week!!
Thanks!

I know that you are in the aviation industry as well so here are my questions
As well? So you must tell me what you do in this crazy business!

- What part of the aviation industry are you involved in?I work in maintenance/avionics. I take care of the Tech Library and the Tool Room. We work on general aviation aircraft mostly, not too much airline work.
- How did you get involved in that type of work?Just unlucky, I guess!
No, I've been in the business almost 20 years. Started off a local air cargo company working in dispatch. Moved over to Maintenance Control, then Parts, then Records. Left there 6 years ago for a greener pasture, where I am MUCH happier!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for taking it easy on me.

Originally Posted by lilleah

-Pick one, Green Bay Packers or the Chicago Bears. Well, it is NOT "da Bears." Although Randy Moss coulda used a haircut... I think it affected his play the last few years...

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew my buddy Sar would have LOTS of fun with this...

Originally Posted by Sar

How many cats do you have? Will Dave let you get more when you move? We have 10 inside and 2 outside. Most of them are Dave's.
Probably not getting any more when we move, but as we seem to emit some sort of odor that attracts strays I imagine we'll gain a few!

What is the biggest garden disaster you have ever had? Hmmm.... that would be the vinca in the front of the house. Started with about 10 pieces a foot long from a friend. Now the WHOLE bed, about 6 feet by 25 feet, is FULL, and it has overtaken part of the yard and crept across the steps. It looks like something from a movie.

Have you ever had weeds grow into tomatoes?
Not personally, but my mom-in-law had one sprout out of the debris pile where she dumped her vacuum cleaner.

Are you better at keeping outdoor plants or indoor plants alive? Outdoor. Between the cats and my lack of patience, indoor plants are a battle.

Tell us something we wouldn't guess about you! I am a published songwriter. No one famous has recorded any of my stuff, but I have several songs that were used on demo albums in Nashville.

What has been your most embarasssing moment? Probably when I was about 17. My best friend and I were checking out a hot guy as we were walking through a parking lot. He was on the sidewalk. I got so busy watching him, I tripped over a speed bump and FELL right in front of him!

What is the most recent thing you've had to fob off on someone?
Fob? What's fob?
Probably something at work I didn't want to do!

Do you have any plans of where you'll be putting the house warming gnomes I'm sending you? (and no, you can't give them to maggiesgranny!!) Sure do. I've got a spot picked out in the bedroom, so when that miniature camera you installed is working you'll be

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Do you have any plans of where you'll be putting the house warming gnomes I'm sending you? (and no, you can't give them to maggiesgranny!!) Sure do. I've got a spot picked out in the bedroom, so when that miniature camera you installed is working you'll be
You minx!! You would do dirty rudies even with gnomes in the room?

Good answers! I wonder which questions I can fob you off with next?

Wow, I bet your house is fun with 10 cats inside!

Okay, more questions for you, my friend!

What is the silliest game you like to play with your cats?

Have you ever tried any cat foods? Did you like them?

What is your favourite meal to cook?

How would you describe your dress style?

Do you have any tattoos? If so, what are they?

I'm sure I'll come up with more as I sit and mope with my cold!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

Wow, I bet your house is fun with 10 cats inside!
Fun? Maybe funny, but sometimes they get underfoot while I'm in the kitchen and that gets ugly.

What is the silliest game you like to play with your cats? Probably when I sing the songs I made up using their names and they run from my terrible voice!

Have you ever tried any cat foods? Did you like them?
Not on purpose! But several of those new Fancy Feast cans with Greens smell yummy.

What is your favourite meal to cook? Anything Italian. I LOVE to cook.

How would you describe your dress style?For work I wear Company uniforms (which is nice so I don't ruin any clothes.) Home, very casual. T-shirts and jeans. I do clean up nice though, I've been told.

Do you have any tattoos? If so, what are they? None yet. My son has 12, so our family quota is met. I have been thinking about getting one though. He did a design to honour our daughter's memory, and the whole family has been thinking about getting it done.
Hope that cold feels better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Evil LokisMum is back! Had a problem with my computer last night and it crashed right when I was trying to post this thread!!! Must be Neet's gnomes infecting my computer! Anyway, I wasn't even sure if this had gotten posted last night or not. Have to see about getting my computer fixed this weekend (hopefully). Anyway, welcome Neet!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

OK, here goes...
I don't know, Neet! Karen told me it was you that exploded the blender! And the cats were wearing silly pointy hats when I got home and wanted to go gardening! You're a baaaaaaaaaaad influence on them!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not purposely eating cat food? Pull the other one!!

I love the idea of a tattoo in the honour of your daughter's memory!
Can I see the design?

Where would you have the tattoo?

What is your favourite Italian meal to cook?

Have you tried any Greek dishes?

Do you have any siblings? Are you close?

Would you like another special Domino delivery?

What is the biggest fashion faux pas you've ever made?

Thanks Neet!
I'll just keep you busy, so you can keep me entertained while I rest!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

I love the idea of a tattoo in the honour of your daughter's memory!
Can I see the design?
I'll have to scan it in, but sure.

Where would you have the tattoo? Wherever it will hurt the least!

What is your favourite Italian meal to cook? I like complicated, so something with a lot of ingredients. Seafood fra Diavalo maybe?

Have you tried any Greek dishes?YES! I love spanokopita!

Do you have any siblings? Are you close?I have a half sister who is the same age as my son
My dad went though a mid life crisis after the divorce. Given the age difference and that we live 500 miles apart, we sadly don't really know each other at all.

Would you like another special Domino delivery?
Yes I would! For those of you who are wondering, my cat Domino was a stray that just ran up the porch into the house as we were having pizza delivered from Dominos Pizza. Tuxedo cat, Domino...

What is the biggest fashion faux pas you've ever made? Hmmm.... I wouldn't even know where to begin. I am not a fashion person at all. I am comfortable. I did recently wear my fuzzy bedroom slippers to the grocery store.
Hey, they were so comfortable I forgot to change into sandals!
Glad to entertain you!