Jerry was hit from behind!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jerry was on his way to the firestation this afternoon and was hit from behind!
That's an awful phone call to get from a loved one........"Honey, I've been in an accident". He did say but I'm fine! Still, it's an awful thing to hear.
He said he was sitting at a light, and it was raining. He heard the guy coming......This guy came up from behind him and tried to stop, but with the wet pavement and the guys bald tires, he slammed into the back of Jerry's Durango. I'm SO glad neither was hurt.
I guess the guys car is hurt worse than Jerry's.

Please, to all of you, as I tell Jerry every day, drive carefully, especially on wet roads.......

When Jerry introduced himself to this guy, he said, "well, if you have to hit someone, hit someone that can take care of you if your hurt!" (of course meaning Jerry's fire and medic training!)

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Jerry was on his way to the firestation this afternoon and was hit from behind!
That's an awful phone call to get from a loved one........"Honey, I've been in an accident". He did say but I'm fine! Still, it's an awful thing to hear.
He said he was sitting at a light, and it was raining. He heard the guy coming......This guy came up from behind him and tried to stop, but with the wet pavement and the guys bald tires, he slammed into the back of Jerry's Durango. I'm SO glad neither was hurt.
I guess the guys car is hurt worse than Jerry's.

Please, to all of you, as I tell Jerry every day, drive carefully, especially on wet roads.......

When Jerry introduced himself to this guy, he said, "well, if you have to hit someone, hit someone that can take care of you if your hurt!" (of course meaning Jerry's fire and medic training!)
I'm so sorry to hear this!

I know around here that withen minutes of the rain starting you hear sirens..Lots of accidents around here when it rains

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh no! Poor Jerry! I'm glad he's ok! How bad is his car hurt?
Not real sure because we couldn't talk long. He said the other guys car is hurt worse, and that it was mostly the bumper on his truck. That doesn't sound bad to me, right?

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad he's ok, I dread when it rains here in So calif these peole never have learned to drive in it, even if it was 3 drops there will be lots of accidents

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about that. Fortunately though, neithor were hurt- that is good news. Watch out for him later tonight and within the next day or two- sometimes whip lash doesn't show up until a few hours later. It may be wise to have him go ahead and see a doctor to be checked out for your records in case he winds up hurting this week and wants to file an insurance claim for medical bills. Good luck!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Susie, I'm so glad Jerry is ok!

I've been hit from behind and I always cringe when I hear tires squealing.
He said he cringed too.........

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no! Yes, how scary, likely more so to you than Jerry. What a blessing that he wasn't injured. It's a good thing he was driving his Durango!
That was a clever comment on the other guy's part

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not to joke about his accident.....

.....but every time I see the thread title I think it says something about getting hit on the behind......

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That must be a horrible feeling, seeing it coming and knowing you can't do anything about it. People are so stupid in wet and snowing weather. They forget that you just can't stop the way you can on dry pavement.

Sending calming vibes to you both.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Not to joke about his accident.....

.....but every time I see the thread title I think it says something about getting hit on the behind......
Well, I see your point. I do tend to start threads to grab your attention and to make you guys laugh, but this was unintentional!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Oh, Susie! How awful! I'm so glad he's OK!
Thanks Colleen! Glad to see your back from your trip! We missed you!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your sweet comments...........it does shake you up, but I keep telling myself it was a minor accident and my honey's ok..............

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That really is scary...
I am glad that he is OK Susie.