cat language

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know round about when I first joined someone put up a thread explaining all of a cats language, which mew meant what etc, I have searched and cannot find it, it was an excellent read and quite funny and my babies were only tiny then so it would of been nice to re-read, is it possible it was lost in the infamous downtime? or am I just searching wrong

Minx has some very strange language so it just would of been nice to see the 'meaning' especially the brrrrrrrrrrppppp one lol

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about the thread you mentioned, but if you check out www.messybeast.com (go to the cat resource archive) she has some great articles about feline communication (actually, she just has great articles, period). It's definitely worth checking out!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the link, Mirinae - this must be where you got the info you gave me earlier that I was asking about! (Ferris raising his bum up when I pet him, lol...)

I found this there: When stroked, cats raise their rumps even higher (almost standing on tiptoe) to invite you to sniff their anal glands!

Lucky me, huh?!?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks very much for the link Mirinae
and GingersMom did you?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I found this there: When stroked, cats raise their rumps even higher (almost standing on tiptoe) to invite you to sniff their anal glands!

Lucky me, huh?!?
haha!!! I will do anything for my cats, but I draw the line at that!!!!!!!!! LOL

loraandjeff

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Thanks for the link, Mirinae - this must be where you got the info you gave me earlier that I was asking about! (Ferris raising his bum up when I pet him, lol...)

Lucky me, huh?!?
OMG, I didn't know that

It's a running joke around here because my girl LOVES her bum patted or skritched. Ohhhhhhhhh she sticks that bum in the air, even if she's laying down...pat that bum and UP it goes!

I can't WAIT to tell my husband this one!!!

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One sound that wasn't mentioned on the 'messybeast' site was the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I heard when Gizmo woke up in her kitty palace one night and did not remember where she was! I'd left her there since she looked so cute, and the noise came at one in the morning. She sounded just like a human baby, or a Siamese cat.