Some days I hate where I work

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some days I just dislike it a little. It used to be that at least I like the people I work with. Well lately I'm finding out how much everyone talks about each other. Something happend earlier in the week on a day that one of the women is not here. I was explaining to her what had happend because I had to order something. She said "Yeah I know I heard". It makes me wonder what was said. We were talking about something else & something about the conversation really makes me wonder if she was told something about my personal life I specificly asked the 2 people I told not to share with others. If she knows about it, I know who told because the other woman wasn't even in yet. I hope I'm making sense. I'm at my breaking point for stress and I just can't stand working somewhere that every thing that happens all week gets repeated.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Experience has taught me never to tell anyone anything that you don't want repeated. It's also a good policy to not tell people you work with all the little details of your life - it can come back and bite you in the lower regions.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've learned that in my workplace the people will use anything and everything against you if you let them. That's why I hardly say anything about my outside life unless it's something I don't care if everyone hears. The same goes for work things. If I want something spread to everyone, I'll tell one person. Guaranteed it'll be to the intended person by the end of the day.

Sorry you're having a bad day.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always keep work at work and home at home,
I dont do the hang out with people from work thing, in the past i found that it makes more problems then it is worth.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's only 6 people who work in my office so we are all up in each other's business ALL the time. We also socialize outside of work, some weeks I spend more time with some of my coworkers than my husband, LOL. There are some days where someone will just be driving me crazy and it takes all I have not to talk about them with someone else I work with, but I KNOW it'll get back to them in a heartbeat so I just unload it all on my hubby, poor guy!
The only thing that makes it better some days is just counting off the hours and figuring out what you can buy with the money you made that day!

shadowsoul

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

I always keep work at work and home at home,
I dont do the hang out with people from work thing, in the past i found that it makes more problems then it is worth.
That's what I do too, I keep people from work relatively at bay when it comes to personal life.