I felt so bad :(

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went into PetSmart last night with a friend - she had to get some doggie supplies - and of course, I headed straight over to the kitty section - I always stop to adore the cats up for adoption by the local Humane Society - there were 4 kittens, all in seperate cages - 2 together (brother/sister) and one 2 year old beautiful pure white cat. I was in love! She was simply stunning - I stood there for a good 1/2 hour looking at them all, wondering how nobody would possibly want to bring one of those beautiful babies home

I felt so bad that they were in their cages, not knowing what a loving family was like.... I wanted to bring them all home!

I should never go there again
I always feel bad when I leave!

I came home and both of my boys met me at the door with love - I only wish all those poor babies would have the same life that mine do

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love to look at the kitties at Petsmart too, even though I could never get one. you wanna cry? go to an actual shelter
back when I was looking for a second dog, I went to the county animal shelter where all the dogs were lined up in kennels, i just burst into tears at all their little faces peering at me thru the fencing, its so sad that any animals have to be homeless

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been there myself.
I would just wish them good luck in finding their furever home.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother-in-law volunteers with an animal rescue group that adopts out animals every Saturday at PetSmart. Whichever dogs or cats aren't adopted that day live with one of the animal rescue group families (so there are always plenty of kitties to play with when I visit the in-laws!) and most of the volunteers just keep the animals that never get adopted (which is why Bradley's mom has 15 dogs right now!).
You're right in that it is so hard to go to these stores and not adopt each and every one of these precious babies!!! They all deserve to know safety, companionship, and unconditional love.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

My mother-in-law volunteers with an animal rescue group that adopts out animals every Saturday at PetSmart. Whichever dogs or cats aren't adopted that day live with one of the animal rescue group families (so there are always plenty of kitties to play with when I visit the in-laws!) and most of the volunteers just keep the animals that never get adopted (which is why Bradley's mom has 15 dogs right now!).
You're right in that it is so hard to go to these stores and not adopt each and every one of these precious babies!!! They all deserve to know safety, companionship, and unconditional love.
Wow - 15 dogs! Lucky woman!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh I know how you feel I don't think I have ever left Petsmart with out crying, and the one here always has 25-30 cats...it's so sad

I always say I am not walking on the adoption side of the store but it just draws me over there like a magnet!!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always feel terrible too. Actually Phenom came home with us from Petsmart so I am glad they do that. And I saw a big dog that had been there for a while go home with a family becasue of a trip to Petsmart!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We got Carly from PetSmart. And she is the biggest love bug. But we are at our limit here so no more cats. I can't go over to the kitty cages because my heart breaks that I can't help them with a home. There is also a beautiful tabby at the vet who needs a home. So many kitties with no home.

Thanks to all of the volunteers at the rescue groups who help these kitties find a loving home.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What color was that cat Mackenzie?? Hmmm....I think it's time I paid you a visit! lol It irriatates me when people don't want a white cat because they shed too much. If you had a white house, the hair wouldn't show up just the same as darker hair doesn't show up in a darker house! Humph!

Thankfully, there are no pet stores here that have adoptable animals in them. I get my 3x a week fix volunteering at the shelter. Then I at least get to cuddle those kitties.

Mackenzie, have you ever considered volunteering at the shelter there? I know you'll want to bring them all home, but those kitties would love you to love them! I know I don't have enough time for them all here, I'd imagine jsut about every other shelter in the US doesn't have enough time for their cats, either!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As much as I'd like to go and look at the kitties when I go to Petsmart, I can't.
It breaks my heart and I actually cry. I hate seeing any animal in a cage especially cats, so hubby reroutes me when I start to go near that part of the store. He knows what will happen as much as I do. I know that they are still there whether I go near that area or not, it is just a little less heart breaking if I don't actually see them in the cages. Oh how I wish they'd have a play area instead of cages!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love adoption days! I use to do them every other weekend for Mewtopia- I'd usually take our adult cats so they would get extra attention (sometimes when kittens are present, they get looked over). We'd also bring information with us about our organization, etc...everyone who was intrested filled out questioneers and applications before being approved. Once approved they had to set up an appointment to visit at the shelter for the final adoption (so they have time to think about it and it's not a spuratic decision- adopting an animal is a life-long commitment). Adoption days are great- Petco really helped us out a lot! Lots of wonderful animals found forever homes thanks to those adoption days

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bunny came home from Petsmart. I saw her when we were at the SPCA meeting Pumpkin. My mom had a client doing some work there and she fell in love with Pumpkin. Since they want the whole family to meet the pet before they adopt, I came too (even though I didn't live at home). Pumpkin was on the bottom and so small when he mewed it sounded like a lamb! Bunny was 3 at the time and on the top row, one cage over. She rubbed on my hands through the kennel and looked at me and we were in love. That was a Wednesday. She had been there 3 weeks already too.

By Friday Mom had decided to go back for Bunny. We had just lost Tiger that year and were cat less, so we had plenty of space and big hole to fill. So first thing Saturday morning Mom called and Bunny was there. Since she knew some of the people she told them we were on our way to get her. Well, I got there first since Mom had to run my sis to her boyfriends. Bunny was gone! I was in the most awful panic! I had no idea what happened to her! Her cage was clean and everything!

Finally Mom got there and talked to someone, and she had just been taken to Petsmart so they called there for us and we headed over to get her. And now Bunny had her furever home with us!

Another funny thing is, when we adopted Mooch and Noodles, they were in the same kennel that Bunny had been in at the SPCA! Their mommy was in the one Pumpkin had been in, I just didn't know it was their mommy when I first was there. She looked like Mooch!
I hope she has a wonderful furever home now too!