kitty brushing party

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a kitty brushing party at my house today. I've been lax about brushing the kitties and decided today was the day to work on some of them at least. So Fluff, Tiggy, Eric and Palekana got brushed and combed. Fluff, as usual, twisted and turned and was generally difficult.
He basically likes it though. The others were more cooperative and were purring and rubbing my shoulder as I brushed. They all got salmon flavored Greenies as treats for being good. I've never tried Greenies before although I knew about them. Eric, Fluff and Tiggy loved them! Palekana sniffed then turned to me with a look that said "You want me to eat THAT mom?!" She's usually not fussy about food so I don't know what the problem was. I'll try again later after she's recovered from the brushing.

I also tried a new product- to me at least. It's called Shed-Guard anti-shedding wipes for cats. I found it at Pets Discount when I was there buying food. You warm the wipe in the microwave and wipe the cat down with it. I used them after I had brushed the cats and it made their fur feel cleaner. It's not necessary to brush or groom before using them though. Palekana wasn't thrilled with that either.
Maybe that's why she rejected the Greenies. Poor girl.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure they all look beautiful now!!! You will have to post some new pictures of their beautiful fur coats

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*LOL*-Loki would never let me forget about his brushies - he just loves loves loves it - anything that looks like a brush or has a handle such as a duster or even if it's just a lint brush HE IS THERE!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hell603

*LOL*-Loki would never let me forget about his brushies - he just loves loves loves it - anything that looks like a brush or has a handle such as a duster or even if it's just a lint brush HE IS THERE!!
Sounds like my crew (except JC, who feels insulted that I consider his grooming less than absolutely perfect, although he loves grooming with fingers). Joey considers it his right to be groomed often - he's a Manx mix and has this wondeful under-fur that is like wool, it's amazing how much comes off him - it would make a wonderful yarn.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prego usually enjoys being brushed, but he has overstimulation aggresion, so I brush him while he's eating; that way he's distracted. You might try that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked on brushing two more today. Kolohe did well- I got a lot of loose hair off. He didn't like the new wiping cloth though. I think he was startled by the fact that it was slightly warm. It took him about ten minutes to forgive me and accept his Greenies. Torty was lounging on the couch so I worked on her there. She would not have been happy being moved to another location. I got one side of her body but she ran off when I tried to turn her over.
There's always tomorrow.