kitten gone crazy!!!!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, i was letting the kittens out for there nightly romp. they had been out about 3 hours, and i was rounding them up for dinner. i went to the back bedroom, and there was Pudge, one of the males, the biggest. i went to pick him up, and he started hissing, sliced my fingers with his backfeet, and i let go of him, the minute i did he jumped onto the bed, hissing and spitting at me, and ran. I had to tend to my fingers, so i let hubby catch him and put him in the bathroom with the others. I have never seen any of them act like that!!!
i was so mad. I didnt scare him, i mean he was looking at me, and i picked him up like i always do, nothing diff. I was going to keep him, but now reconsidering my decision
i need some help!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

ok, i was letting the kittens out for there nightly romp. they had been out about 3 hours, and i was rounding them up for dinner. i went to the back bedroom, and there was Pudge, one of the males, the biggest. i went to pick him up, and he started hissing, sliced my fingers with his backfeet, and i let go of him, the minute i did he jumped onto the bed, hissing and spitting at me, and ran. I had to tend to my fingers, so i let hubby catch him and put him in the bathroom with the others. I have never seen any of them act like that!!!
i was so mad. I didnt scare him, i mean he was looking at me, and i picked him up like i always do, nothing diff. I was going to keep him, but now reconsidering my decision
i need some help!
Awww...Liza.....has he ever done that before?? Could there have been a strange smell on your or in that room?? Were his eyes dialated?? He could have been scared by something else and simply reacted to you. I know that whenever I take my cats to the vet...that afterwards there will be 2 days of growling and hissing....at me and at each other. If I tried to pick up my cats during this time, they would hiss and scratch to get away. This is not their normal behavior...but the vet office is so traumatic to them. I'm not saying that that is the case with Pudge....but I wouldn't judge whether to keep him or not on this incident. I would also spend some one on one time with him in a room without the other kittens and see if he bahaves any differently.

Katie

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My male cat did that once too. I didn't know what was wrong with him. He might be in pain, have you called the vet??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, he hasent acted that wa since, but i am way more careful with him now. i did have a offer for him, and i am considering it. There wasent anything dif in the room or around it that would scare him like that. i have picked him up many times before in the same manner, so i really freaked me out that he did that. i do notice that he doesnt really like to be hold more then 3 seconds tho,lol. I think i will let him go to the home that offer for him, but warn them of his hyperactivity,lol. The lone male runt ( Jorge, short for Yankees player Jorge Posada) I am keeping deff. He likes to sleep in my lap, and is way mellow, like mom was. Cali, Pudge and Yankee all will have their new homes by next week, making them 10 weeks old when they leave, i think its time,lol.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey Liza..good for you finding them all homes....I hope that you will stay in touch and make sure that all of these kittens get spayed/neutered.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh i know they will. the female is going to be spayed about 2 weeks after the new owner gets her, the males about 2 weeks after that. i work with one of the people, so i will know.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

oh i know they will. the female is going to be spayed about 2 weeks after the new owner gets her, the males about 2 weeks after that. i work with one of the people, so i will know.
Great.

Katie