Birthday gift?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay guys, its bf's birthday coming up soon, he wants me to make something good for him, really arty and home made.

Because he is male i have no idea what to do for him.

I will be getting him a cinema voucher, but like i said he wants me to make something arty for him, and right now i cant think of anything except for a dirty calendar!!!
and believe me im not so inspired in doing that!

I know there are alot of arty people on this site, chip in your ideas!!

maybe some of you could use it on your hubby or So for xmas or bdays coming up soon!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a pottery place near you? You could paint him a birthday bowl or plate and have them fire it for you!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well - it not home made and well depending on what you get, it could be arty - I have just recently paid for a magazine subscription for my hubby - he was delighted
and he gets a gift every month ! - keeps him quiet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

well - it not home made and well depending on what you get, it could be arty - I have just recently paid for a magazine subscription for my hubby - he was delighted
and he gets a gift every month ! - keeps him quiet
As far as i know he doesnt ilke magazines, but he loves rides. eg.

He is absolutely in love with Cedar Point, but i cant spend so much money on him as money on my side is really tight at the moment!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you do a picture collage type thing in a big frame? With cute relationship quotes and stuff like that? I did that with an ex boyfriend - I put some dried flowers that he had given me in it, with our pictures and a relationship quote - he loved it!

(plus, its really easy and its cute too!
)

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I might just do that!
Except he isnt very photogetic!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once cross-stitched a sampler for an ex-boyfriend that was really sweet, and after I had it framed I handwrote a personal letter to him and taped it to the back. There was a lot of hours worth of work in it.

He took it with him to military college and hung it above his bed. He got picked on some for it by the other cadets of course, but I think he enjoyed having it with him and being able to look at it and remember how much I cared.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Well, as long as you look good, thats all that matters - right?
haha yes!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

a dirty calendar!!!
lol how the idea of a dirty calendar sounds like a fun idea, how about a calendar with pics of you, the cats and him etc, i am sure that would be almost as fun

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
I make my own cards (when I have time...) I collect little crafty things all year and buy things from stationary shops and make cute little cards. People have said they could be mistaken for one bought from a shop

Its really easy to do and you can't get more personal than a hand made card. You've had some good suggestions on the present front but I think you should definately make him a card

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about a coupon book with coupons for movies,dinners, massages, etc (use your imagination!!)

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

How about a coupon book with coupons for movies,dinners, massages, etc (use your imagination!!)
I did that for my husband's birthday last year. He thought it was sweet and then ended up losing them all. He surprised me a couple of months ago though. He had found one for a massage in a drawer and handed it to me as he jumped across my lap on the couch.