More Smudge!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I realised I was so busy worrying about her that I wasn't taking photos! So last night she was in a playful mood so I took photos. I also took a couple of videos of her pouncing around, but they're on the computer at home, so will have to put them up this afternoon.

Hey, is Smudge trying to play with OUR toy??

Oh well, whatever.... (I didn't realise I caught Lily mid yawn until I uploaded it
)

Rawrrrrr - attack the hand!

Angel eyes!

Stumpy trying to teach Smudge how this game works...

Lily's growing up so fast!!

She just had ointment put in her eyes and looks so pathetic, poor baby.

And snuggling with mum after a hard night of playing

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Such a precious bundle.

And yes, Lily is growing up to be a beautiful girl.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww...............bless, what fantastic pictures
she´s a little sweetheart
and she seems to be getting stronger then !!

Looks likes Stumpy´s pink soft claws are lasting as well

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

she is such a cutie!
is her health improving?
It's hard to tell. She's in good spirits, and playing and snuggling and yelling at me for food in the morning when she hears me get up, but she's not gaining weight - certainly not at the rate a kitten her size should be. She's not losing any more, but she's still just 12 oz at 5/6 weeks.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just so you know, my littlest kitten, who was not sick, weighed only 3 ounces at 2 days old, 5 ounces at 3 weeks, and 11 ounces at 6 weeks. So little Smudge could be on track now that she's not losing! and little Dumpling is a BIG kitty now!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Just so you know, my littlest kitten, who was not sick, weighed only 3 ounces at 2 days old, 5 ounces at 3 weeks, and 11 ounces at 6 weeks. So little Smudge could be on track now that she's not losing! and little Dumpling is a BIG kitty now!
Really??? That's great to hear! I really really hope she's just a little runt

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's such a cutie!!! I really hope she starts to feel better soon! She's one lucky kitten to have you taking such good care of her!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to ask this, but I know you are fostering her, have you thought about being her forever home? She just looks so happy with you.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I hate to ask this, but I know you are fostering her, have you thought about being her forever home? She just looks so happy with you.
My husband would divorce me if I kept another shelter kitty
We also have a limit of 2 cats in our apartment complex - and 2 cats is definitely enough for the amount of space we have.

She is happy here, but I think she will be equally happy in another loving home. I do worry that she'll need a "special" home given her size, and I'd hate for her to go to a home that isn't "perfect", but that's what fostering is about - getting them happy and healthy, then finding a forever home for them.

I think if DH could give up Lily (the fraidy cat), and keep Smudge (the snuggler) he would though
(Don't worry, I wouldn't give up one of my babies....)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can I also point out the big hairy arm is my husband's, not mine....

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

My husband would divorce me if I kept another shelter kitty
We also have a limit of 2 cats in our apartment complex - and 2 cats is definitely enough for the amount of space we have.

She is happy here, but I think she will be equally happy in another loving home. I do worry that she'll need a "special" home given her size, and I'd hate for her to go to a home that isn't "perfect", but that's what fostering is about - getting them happy and healthy, then finding a forever home for them.

I think if DH could give up Lily (the fraidy cat), and keep Smudge (the snuggler) he would though
(Don't worry, I wouldn't give up one of my babies....)
If I lived close enough to CA I would adpot her! She is so sweet!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

If I lived close enough to CA I would adpot her! She is so sweet!
I'll definitely be trying to find a home for her myself as soon as she's healthy enough to be spayed and adopted out! They'll have to go through the shelter of course, but I'd love to know she's going to a good home.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, she's just the cutest! She sounds so sweet, and I've been praying for her to get better. I wish I lived near CA and take little Smudgie home with me.