Possibly Bengal in genes?

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is almost 5 and a half months old and we think she'll become a rather large cat. I've heard Bengals are large cats with a like of water. Her siblings had stripes but she had the marble markings. I know that regular tabbies can have such markings but she just reminds me of a bengal sometimes in the way she acts. She's a handful and loves to play in water, characteristics I've heard associated with Bengals.

If she is not, that's fine, but I just want to know your opinions. That picture is of her at 3 months.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have two Bengal's and neither of them are big. In fact they're both pretty small. Angel is kind of chubby, but not a big cat by any means, and Simba is very lean and slender, and about the same size as my Siamese female.

Your kitty does kind of look like a Bengal in the face, if you're talking about Tyran, especially in the eyes.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's Beautiful!
Wonderful mix of colours. I have a kitten with some bengal in her- spots glitter etc, and she's Tiny! I thought she'd be big when I got her too...
I agree with Hopehacker, she's bengalish around the face. Where did you get her from?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've compared her markings to a bengal kitten and hers are just a bit more diluted, fading into her tabby markings. Her face is very similar to the other bengal kittens, especially the structure and markings.

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got her from an animal rescue/shelter. I know that bengals are a pure breed and that its highly unlikely that one would be in a shelter, but I'm wondering if somewhere, possibly that Tyran could have had a bengal for a parent, grandparent or great grandparent.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
While yeah it is very unlikely, its not impossible that someone wasn't careful with their intact tom, or lazy getting their queen spayed and she got out, although this is even less likely.

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And does anyone know if kittens will grow into extremely long tails. Tyran has a very long tail, probably 10.5 inches long. She has to hold the tip up when she walks so it won't drag.

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your little girl is adorable and has such a beautiful coat!

Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Here is Angel, she's a Marbled Bengal.

Here is Simba. He's a spotted Bengal.
Love the look on Simba's face it's like he is saying "how dare you interrupt my afternoon nap for a photo!" Too cute!

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, Beautiful cats. I especially love Angel's markings.

ocicat_steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
looking at the shape of her face i would say maybe abyssinan or ocicat cross

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO she's just a very pretty and unusual colored mixed breed. While its possible that there is bengal or aby in the background it probably not a high possibility.

I've seen some very unusual patched tabby (that's what she is) where the red and brown come out looking more like "exotic" colors.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was looking at some bengal breeder sites and came across one that mentioned one of their queens had escaped the outside enclosure. So it can happen. Probably more likely then some of the more sedate breeds, like persians. I could see a bengal being more capable of escaping but then also surviving then some other breeds.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Soka

She is almost 5 and a half months old and we think she'll become a rather large cat. I've heard Bengals are large cats with a like of water. Her siblings had stripes but she had the marble markings. I know that regular tabbies can have such markings but she just reminds me of a bengal sometimes in the way she acts. She's a handful and loves to play in water, characteristics I've heard associated with Bengals.

If she is not, that's fine, but I just want to know your opinions. That picture is of her at 3 months.
What ever she is She is a BEAUTY

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Here is Angel, she's a Marbled Bengal.

Here is Simba. He's a spotted Bengal.
Hope, They are so Beautiful!! My husband wants Simba...I told him NO
Do u let them out or is it just like mine they like to hang outside with you?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Hope, They are so Beautiful!! My husband wants Simba...I told him NO
Do u let them out or is it just like mine they like to hang outside with you?
I never let him outside. I'd be too scared to let him go outside. I was going to try and take him out for walks on a harness and leash, but he cab slip out of a haness like nobodies business. Thanks for the compliments on my babies. Tell your husband I could never part with my Simba boy. He's my very special boy.

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I ask because a few friends have asked if she was bengal or part bengal. Since I didn't know, I thought I'd get your opinion.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she actually does look like she could be part bengal. It does look rather like a marble pattern, more so then a classic tabby. Her tail should not be long though. Bengals are supposed to have short tails. She is pretty no matter what she is =0)

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Telynn

I was looking at some bengal breeder sites and came across one that mentioned one of their queens had escaped the outside enclosure. So it can happen. Probably more likely then some of the more sedate breeds, like persians. I could see a bengal being more capable of escaping but then also surviving then some other breeds.
Well I would hope they didn't dump them off at a shelter if that happened! I find it odd that they mention that on their site. You think a good breeder would be a little embarassed if they had an escapee accidental pregnancy...