He's got something sticking out where it shouldn't be!?!?!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Cow(the kitty) was having a hard time going to the bathroom last night. He's one of the outside cats & I was bringing him in for the night. I put him in the garage with the senior kitty so no one would bother him. This morning, still digging holes & squatting for a long time. I had class, so I called the vet & talked to him on my way to class. Cow has a 1:00pm appt. today. Well, I get home from school & go find cow squatting over a hole....I decide to look at his butt & he has something sticking out of his boy parts!
The vet has left for lunch, so I am still taking him in at 1:00 today. That's only an hour. I noticed some really funny looking loose poop in the yasrd, but it could be from any of the 8 cats. I bagged it anyways to take along.

Should Cow need surgery to fix whatever's wrong, I will be removing all of his teeth as well. Cow is "toothless Twitch's" brother & he's been on antibiotics, etc for weeks now, to no avail. The vet wanted to try this one last antibiotic & if it didn't work, pull all his teeth. He is 4 years old, & didn't do well under anesthesia for his neuter in Feb. Please keep us in your thoughts. I love this guy like I love Twitch. I won't be back until later tongiht, so I'll hopefully have good news. Poor guy can't even sit down his bum hurts.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, he ate something he shouldnt have. Whatever you do dont pull it out, whatever it is.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sending Cow good luck vibes
and sending big
to you and to Cow. Keep us updated.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww poor Cow .... sending lots of vibes to you and cow .......

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad he's seeing a vet. Was the object sticking out of his butt or his penis? Anytime you see a boy cat spending lots of time in the litter box, it is likely an emergency situation. Male cats can have blocked urinary tracts that are deadly if not treated. Please let us know how he is doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

I'm glad he's seeing a vet. Was the object sticking out of his butt or his penis? Anytime you see a boy cat spending lots of time in the litter box, it is likely an emergency situation. Male cats can have blocked urinary tracts that are deadly if not treated. Please let us know how he is doing.
My thoughts exactly. He actually had a little bit of his inside sticking out of his penis. I took him to the vet & was told that he couldn't treat Cow properly, so he directed me to another vet. He is going to sedate Cow & use a catherter to remove whatever is blocking him up. They will do a urinalysis if the urine isn't too bloody. They started him on an IV as he was dehydrated. I *might* be able to pick him up Thurs. eve. They are going to watch to make sure he pees. This vet told me that he knows of another anti-biotic to try for his teeth, but doesn't want to remove them or clean them since his kidneys may not be functioning up to par. A complete blood panel will be done. I considered a FeLV test, but he just had one like 4 months ago & was negative. I'd prefer to stick to my schedule of every 6 months test everyone outside....

I am so worried right now. So far, surgery is going fine. I can't wait to go hug my Cow again...

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww what a horrible situation!!

I am sending out lots of hugs and vibes for you and Cow!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

Oh Natalie
I have no idea what could be wrong because I have never heard of this before but I really hope your Cow is ok.
How come the first vet could treat him?
The first vet I saw could have done the surgery, but he said it was a two day surgery. He is going to be gone tomorrow & it's just him & the office lady. How the treatment works is they insert a catheter & take it out the next day & with the vet being gone tomorrow.... Does that make sense now?

The vet told me he'd call if Cow didn't do well during surgery, but that he wouldn't know it surgery worked until he got to see if Cow peed tomorrow. He didn't call me, so that means the surgery went fine!
At least now maybe I can sleep a little better. I didn't sleep good last night knowing something was wrong with Cow.

I am going to try to go see Cow or at least talk to the vet tomorrow. I don't want to upset Cow by visiting only to leave him there again.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I stopped in the vet's office to check on Cow yesterday. The vet said he was peeing like normal. They had run bloodwork & the BUN(Whatever that is) was a little high, his glucose was high, & his white blood count was WAYYY high. There was no glucose in his urine, so the vet isn't too worried about Cow being Diabetic. The white blood count worried him, though. Cow is now on Clavamox for 2 weeks(he eats it like candy). When we are almost done with the 2 weeks worth, I am to take him in for a recheck of his bloodwork in hopes that everything is in the normal range. But I got to bring Cow home last night. He wasn't peeing much at all last night, so I was worried. He desperately wanted out of the garage, so I put him on a harness & leash & took him for a walk. He must've peed for an hour outside!! He just really prefers to go potty outside rather than in a litter pan.

Hopefully, the WBC being high was nothing, just a minor infection. Oh yeah, as I was trying to get him into the carier, he peed all over me, the tech, the counter, a few papers, & another client.