WooHoo!! I got a Cookie Press!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so excited! Yes, it is the simple things in life...

I've always wanted a cookie press. Mom wouldn't let me get one because she thought they were a pain to use. But, we found an electric cookie press ON SALE for only $12.00!
I can't wait to make Christmas Cookies!!
(Whoever is my Secret Santa recipient is probably going to have cookie overload!
)

Anyone else have one? Any tips on using it? Recipes or anything? I'm planning on making some cookies this weekend so I can try it out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found this site explaining it:
http://www.answers.com/topic/cookie-press

Basically, it's a cookie gun that lets you make little shaped cookies like hearts and flowers and wreaths and trees and snowmen.
Mine also has a filling attachment to fill canolis, or put fillings in cupcakes and such, or for putting filling in Manicotti or Shells.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, that's so cool!
I think I've seen them before but didn't have a clue what they were for!

I'd love to have one too!
I hope you'll post pictures of your cookie creations!

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! I love homemade cookies too.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as an electric cookie press... i've seen the manual ones before, but I may just have to put the electric one on my christmas list.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have an old fashioned manual one. It's probably as old as me! Haven't used it in ages, though. Hard to squeeze chocolate chip dough through them...

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Cool..I have one that I got from Pampered Chef and never even opened it let me know how it goes you can be my guinea pig!!! I'm clueless!!!
LOL I've never used one either because my mother was quite convinced that they were a huge pain. Then again, my mother wasn't the best in the kitchen (she was always the first to say that!).
My sister and I got baking genes from the grandmothers, I think.

Funny thing is that I love to bake, but don't really want to eat much of what I bake. I like to eat a few cookies, but that's about it.
The guys at work are going to love this!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

LOL I've never used one either because my mother was quite convinced that they were a huge pain. Then again, my mother wasn't the best in the kitchen (she was always the first to say that!).

Funny thing is that I love to bake, but don't really want to eat much of what I bake. I like to eat a few cookies, but that's about it.
I know that feeling well.
Cookie presses can be fun, especially when you can get cool shapes! Let us know how well it works.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My best friend was a pampered chef consultant. She bought me one from them for Christmas a few years ago. To be honest...I haven't used it more than once I don't think.... It's not because I don't like it, we've just not made many of that type of cookie. The ones we make a Christmas are things like thumb prints, Italian chocolate chip, or Little Horns. Or Pizzels! So none will work in a cookie press. I should use it for cookies for work or church this year.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooooh an electric cookie press! *wistful sigh* I used to have one. I should get another one. They are a lot of fun. I will have a look-see around for some of my old recipes. My grandmother loved to bake and I inherited her recipe box (my sisters were just green with envy - toss the diamond rings and life insurance proceeds, just gimme that recipe box!!).

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

My best friend was a pampered chef consultant. She bought me one from them for Christmas a few years ago. To be honest...I haven't used it more than once I don't think.... It's not because I don't like it, we've just not made many of that type of cookie. The ones we make a Christmas are things like thumb prints, Italian chocolate chip, or Little Horns. Or Pizzels! So none will work in a cookie press. I should use it for cookies for work or church this year.
I love Pizzelles (if that's what u meant)...I make chocolate ones, what are Italian Chocolate chip??? I'm Italian and I need to know

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Your Mother was correct
I thought it was way more trouble then it was worth, My Grandson and I made ALOT of cookies a few years ago, and they didn't look anything like Christmas Trees Or bells
they looked like Christmas blobs
Hope yours turns out better

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Your Mother was correct
I thought it was way more trouble then it was worth, My Grandson and I made ALOT of cookies a few years ago, and they didn't look anything like Christmas Trees Or bells
they looked like Christmas blobs
Hope yours turns out better
As long as they tasted good that's really all that matters.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...I think I have one of those somewhere, but I'd have no idea what recipe to use. Heidi, I think you live awfully close to where I work...if you need to unload some of those cookies!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beccory

$12.00?! WHERE??? I neeeed one!
We found it at Wal Mart. Ours is doing a total overhaul of the store, rearranging everything, so they have a big tent outside with nothing but clearance items in it. We've definitely gotten some good finds in the tent!