Will my cats remember me?

monsteratepilot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey all!
I've been planning to move to AL in November, and I currently live in MI. My two cats will be staying with my parents, as I dont want to put either of them through the move because I'm driving there and neither can handle short car rides. Lately I've been getting really upset and worried that when I come back to visit they wont remember me and may be scared of me. How long will they remember me for? Will they forget me if I cant come home every month or so?
x.Charlie (I am a girl
)

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My fiancé and I lived separately for a year and a half because he joined the Army and I was finishing up college. He would see the cats every few months and they just fell back into their normal pattern - they remembered him 100%.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonsterAtePilot

Hey all!
I've been planning to move to AL in November, and I currently live in MI. My two cats will be staying with my parents, as I dont want to put either of them through the move because I'm driving there and neither can handle short car rides. Lately I've been getting really upset and worried that when I come back to visit they wont remember me and may be scared of me. How long will they remember me for? Will they forget me if I cant come home every month or so?
x.Charlie (I am a girl
)
I have been talking to an animal communicator for the past 4 months and she told me once a cat makes a connection with someone, they will remember them.

sierra_k

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Relax...my daughter moved away to college 4 years ago. When she comes home her 12 year old Tabby can't wait to cuddle and catch up. They don't forget those who love them

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monsteratepilot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much! I feel much better about this now, I was very upset earlier, and now I feel twenty times better!!
x.Charlie