Guess what I woke up to...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BABIES!
4 little angels at the foot of my bed at 6:00 this morning!

Reilly went into labor around 3 this morning. She woke DH and I up with her meowing. I seen her in the closet moving around trying to get comfortable but apparently the closet wasn't good enough for her.
I followed her around the house for about 10 mins trying to see where she was going to have them.. I gave up and started to prepare everything. I put Jake in his crate (which he was NOT happy about), Tiger in the boys room and gathered some old sheets and towels.
Reilly followed me the whole time meowing.
I decided to go ahead and lay down for a little while. She jumped up into the bed with us and was meowing like crazy. She settled down a little bit when we were petting and loving on her. I fell asleep around 4:30-5:00am. DH got up around 6 to make the coffee. He went to lay back down in the bed and asked "where's Reilly?" I told him to check the closet. He turned on the bedroom light and checked... Nope, no Reilly.. He said "well, she's probably hiding somewhere.. Just as he went to la down he felt her under the blanket. Turned the light on, pulled the blanket back and there she was with 4 babies!... Just as PROUD as could be!

She looked at me like "Look what I did mommy!"
I haven't moved her or the babies yet, despite the fact that I need to wash my sheets and comforter now
I'm going to clean out the bottom of my closet and I bought a HUGE rubbermaid box this morning at Lowes to put them in. It's low enough for her to jump in and big enough for them to all have room. From what I can see, I have 3 tuxes just like her and I THINK a solid black... I don't wanna pick them up to check yet.
I'm letting her rest for now even though she's being a mooch (like she normally is) and wanting to be loved on.
I am going to wait a few days before I take pics also.. don't want to make her uncomfortable

Thanks for all the vibes from EVERYONE!
They truly did work. She had a smooth labor and delivery and seems to be doing a GREAT job as a mom!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
She did that quickly. Congratulations.
I'm glad everything went smoothly for her especially when we all know that she wasn't supposed to go through this.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Grizzly had her litter's (one in the bathtub) she moved them back after we relocated them. She liked the closet-we just put down lots of towels, blankets, etc... She had her water break on the bed so I know what "cleaning" you have too do!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

She did that quickly. Congratulations.
I'm glad everything went smoothly for her especially when we all know that she wasn't supposed to go through this.
Especially when the vet thought she might have to have a c-section!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

When Grizzly had her litter's (one in the bathtub) she moved them back after we relocated them. She liked the closet-we just put down lots of towels, blankets, etc... She had her water break on the bed so I know what "cleaning" you have too do!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!
Her water broke on DH's legs!
Thats what woke him up!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just went and checked on them. Reilly moved the babies all by herself into the box I set up in the closet. She was toting the last babies in when I walked in.. She turned and looked at me like "This box is for us right?"

I helped her in the box, gave her scritches and let them be.. She's doing such a GOOD job!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CONGRATULATIONS!!! HOW EXCITING TO HAVE NEW BABIES!!! YOUR A PROUD GRANDMEOMY NOW!!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful. Sounds like everything is going great! Can't wait to see pics!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats gorgeous!

I miss the days when my cats had kittens. I always feel so special when i think back and watched my cat giving birth to her babies!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, that looks so much like my Petals in there as the mommy!! Your babies will all be gorgeous! Will you keep them all?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Oh my, that looks so much like my Petals in there as the mommy!! Your babies will all be gorgeous! Will you keep them all?
Dh and I are actually thinking about keeping them. It's not a definate thing right now...But it's a big MAYBE!