Sucking everything!

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My two little orphan kitties are sucking my fingers I think. They kind of lightly bite it, lick it, and try to get it right in between their front teeth- so I'm guessing this is them trying to nurse?

They do this to my fingers, toes, knuckles, clothes... everything! Is it bad? They are only 5 or 6 weeks old. Will this continue into adulthood or will they always try to nurse? I'm guessing it has something to do with them being abandoned so young- they had to give it up cold-turkey!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SarahBeez

My two little orphan kitties are sucking my fingers I think. They kind of lightly bite it, lick it, and try to get it right in between their front teeth- so I'm guessing this is them trying to nurse?

They do this to my fingers, toes, knuckles, clothes... everything! Is it bad? They are only 5 or 6 weeks old. Will this continue into adulthood or will they always try to nurse? I'm guessing it has something to do with them being abandoned so young- they had to give it up cold-turkey!
You should redirect the suckling to a stuffed animal. Ever consider a snuggle kitty:

http://www.squirrelstore.com/site/744999/product/snu06

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey that's cool!

Would they redirect towards just a plain stuffed animal? At least until I can get the snuggle kitty?

I would like to get one of these snuggle kitties but I have a few questions first... How do I use it- as in for an hour or so at a time or leave it with them all night?

Also- I found the spot where you can order replacement heat packs. I can't tell from the picture but are those the same type you can buy at any store or is there something special about them?

Hopefully someone has used one... Maybe should I post this as a new question?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SarahBeez

Hey that's cool!

Would they redirect towards just a plain stuffed animal? At least until I can get the snuggle kitty?

I would like to get one of these snuggle kitties but I have a few questions first... How do I use it- as in for an hour or so at a time or leave it with them all night?

Also- I found the spot where you can order replacement heat packs. I can't tell from the picture but are those the same type you can buy at any store or is there something special about them?

Hopefully someone has used one... Maybe should I post this as a new question?
I haven't personally used one...but it came highly recommended by some of my rescue friends who have orphaned kittens. A regular stuffed animal would probably work.

Katie